• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Mk3 Seating Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcm1106

Evening All,

Does anyone have any info or seating plans for the Chiltern MK3 Business Zone stock?

I've been allocated A10F (odd in itself as I didn't think there were any reservations on Chiltern), and would like to know what seat this actually translates to.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

t_star2001uk

Evening All,

Does anyone have any info or seating plans for the Chiltern MK3 Business Zone stock?

I've been allocated A10F (odd in itself as I didn't think there were any reservations on Chiltern), and would like to know what seat this actually translates to.

Cheers

As we dont offer a reservation on Chiltern the seat allocation doesn't really translate in to anything usable.

tcm1106

Can you tell us the time of the train, the start/end station of the reservation, and the date (or at least the day e.g. Sunday, weekday) of the journey?

1R15 (0837 MYB-BMO) tomorrow morning.

route:oxford

Established Member
If you do end up with a reservation, it sounds like it might be a hot collector's item!

route:oxford

Established Member
If there was a non existent reservation card on the seat it would be a miracle...

Who knows. If the reservation has been generated, it's probably been spooled to print. An elderly reservation printer may spring to life somewhere in Marylebone and churn out the card on Network South East Stock.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Specific seats are allocated where Business Zone upgrades are sold in advance, and I'd guess labels are printed off at either Moor Street or Banbury if they don't just use generic "Seat MAY be reserved" type ones.

There was also a short period where you could "reserve" specific seats on all of Chiltern's Birmingham trains by specifying a First Class ticket type, as they'd been setup incorrectly in NRS.

ChilternTurbo

I walk past the 08:37 departure on my way to work every morning (I've also used it up to Brum) and I have to say that the Business Zone isn't exactly packed out...

Status
Not open for further replies.