• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways - Apprentice Train Driver - Birmingham Moor St (01/03/24)

easternstop

Had an email saying

“Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the VSE test which you would have done over last week or so via our external provider OPC. I am pleased to let you know that you have successfully passed this stage of the process.

Due to a slightly higher pass rate than expected. We have decided to place your application on hold. I want to assure you this is not a rejection, and we would like to retain your application in our talent pool for future reference. Should numbers decrease for the next round, or a suitable opportunity arise, we will not hesitate to reach out to you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or require further information, please do not hessite to contact us.”

I’m assuming this means, that I have passed, but people have done better than me?
Same here...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sunny16

Had an email saying

“Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the VSE test which you would have done over last week or so via our external provider OPC. I am pleased to let you know that you have successfully passed this stage of the process.

Due to a slightly higher pass rate than expected. We have decided to place your application on hold. I want to assure you this is not a rejection, and we would like to retain your application in our talent pool for future reference. Should numbers decrease for the next round, or a suitable opportunity arise, we will not hesitate to reach out to you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or require further information, please do not hessite to contact us.”

I’m assuming this means, that I have passed, but people have done better than me?
I’ve had the same email. Seems like they have already filled the numbers required.