• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 150 beep beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

A query I'd like for one of my drivers eye view videos, I went out yesterday for sound recordings and nearly got one of a 150 buzzer, except down here (on FGW/ATW units if anything) they don't have the buzzer sound in the saloons anymore, just more of a beep beep.

Obviously this sounds in the saloons when operated from the local door control panel but does this also sound in the cab or does the driver hear a 'buzz buzz' and send an audible 'buzz buzz' back, or is it all 'beep beep' throughout now?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The beep sound only appears in the saloon when the intermediate door panel is used - if you sit next to the the cabs, you will still hear that it buzzes.

devon_metro

Established Member
They've never had the buzz sound in the saloon. It was a mod by Wessex Trains to allow intermediate door control panels, and the sound was a beep.

Scotrail84

Established Member
All of our 158s and 156s up here (scotrail units) have had beepers fitted behind in the driving cabs where the buzzer units used to be. I dont know why but maybe someone on here can answer that? Being honest they are rubbish they fade after a while and you sometimes can hardly hear them if a window is open or if theres noise around you. The beepers are almost the same tone as the drivers dsd pedal so if that goes off at the same time as your giving the ready to start it can cause confusion sometimes. I wish they would put buzzer units back in as they are far more clear and concise. Interestingly though they have left the buzzer units at the door panels in the middle of the 158s. Our 156s also have panels at the middle and these too are beepers.

Our 170s all have buzzers in the cabs and beepers at local doors in the saloons.

158 867-871 782 786 + 789 (all on loan) still have buzzers throughout the train.

Our 322s have bells in the cabs. They have no intermediate door controls.

Loco haul stock we use for fife circles and sleepers have no driver/guard communication buzzers - its a flags and whistles job or a bardic lamp to dispatch.

Bring back the buzzers please :D

starrymarkb

Established Member
IIRC on the Wessex modded units the beeping is made by the hustle alarm, certainly the tone sounds very similar. Also they only beep if the key is in one of the control units.

Scotrail84

Established Member
IIRC on the Wessex modded units the beeping is made by the hustle alarm, certainly the tone sounds very similar. Also they only beep if the key is in one of the control units.

Yes certainly with our units the beepers will only sound if your dks in on at the local door your working from.

Bring back the buzzers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.