• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 70's where can i see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temple Meads

Established Member
As the title, i will be going on a long journey soon and would like to know where i can see class 70's.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
I beleive they operate container trains up and down the WCML. I'm sure others will be able to go into more detail...;)

TheWalrus

Established Member
i saw one around 16OO northbound through Shrewsbury!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
70001 usually works the 14:15 Felixstowe to Lawley Street. There is often a class 70 on a Rugeley coal but varies from week to week. They also work around Warrington and Scotland on some of the coal workings.

87019Chris

There is always at least 1 on Leeds Midland Road, and 1 on the Fiddlers Ferry, 1 on Ipswich to lawley street (if it isnt actually on ipswich Depot), theres also 1 usally on basford hall, and 1 on the Anglo Scottish (killoch to ferrybridge) coal trains, and theres one on the stoke gifford. I hope this helps you find a Cl70.

TDK

Established Member
i saw one around 16OO northbound through Shrewsbury!

That one when it is a 70 also goes through Wolverhampton and off at Darleston Junction. I see one a week at Bescot in the evenings when passing

Status
Not open for further replies.