• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe to London - valid via Chiltern ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinsh

Established Member
Hi folks,

I have an unused return half of an Off Peak Return for Crewe - London Terminals, route "any permitted", validity "as advertised". Would this be valid on Chiltern trains between Birmingham and Marylebone ? I want to sample their new loco hauled service one day next week.

If it is valid, what are the off-peak restrictions for that route ? Could I use it on the 0849 Crewe - Birmingham ? Was thinking of catching the 1055 from Birmingham ...

Thanks

Martin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, it's a valid route (and it'd be rather surprising if it weren't!).

The restriction on your ticket (London-Crewe SVR I assume) is 9I, which means it's valid on trains arriving Euston before 0720 or at or after 1130, and Marylebone after 1130.

So your itinerary is fine.

SS4

Established Member
Hi folks,

I have an unused return half of an Off Peak Return for Crewe - London Terminals, route "any permitted", validity "as advertised". Would this be valid on Chiltern trains between Birmingham and Marylebone ? I want to sample their new loco hauled service one day next week.

If it is valid, what are the off-peak restrictions for that route ? Could I use it on the 0849 Crewe - Birmingham ? Was thinking of catching the 1055 from Birmingham ...

Thanks

Martin

Yes, it is permitted on maps CM+GC (change maps either at Smethwick or at Birmingham)

Not sure on the restriction code with Avantix to hand though

Status
Not open for further replies.