• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D&G Buses

SeanM1997

D&G have done some improvements on weekdays - earlier start on 12, later services on 31 and 37, faster services to Nantwich and have invested in new buses in Crewe. Only a few times has it been standing only from my experience but I don't travel during the peak. Having D&G as the largest operator makes it easier for day ticket travel though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Other than Crewe & Nantwich, D&G don't offer useful local zone day tickets. They do a Knutsford one but it only covers the town of Knutsford, excluding the larger employment sites just outside the town and it's only 20p cheaper than 2 x singles! Didn't Arriva offer a Macclesfield day ticket?

I don't use the 49 route myself but one of the grumbles with D&G seemed to be only an hourly service to Weaverham and it taking hours to source a replacement vehicle when the allocated one failed. At least now it's half hourly, so a failed bus shouldn't leave the route without a service for hours.

florence

There is a Macclesfield weekly ticket for £20 that also covers High Peak services which has boundaries of Lyme Green, Bollington, Hurdsfield and Prestbury so covers a decent area, I just feel that having a weekly priced at 10x singles doesn't really make a great deal of sense.

Simon75

On Moderation
There is a Macclesfield weekly ticket for £20 that also covers High Peak services which has boundaries of Lyme Green, Bollington, Hurdsfield and Prestbury so covers a decent area, I just feel that having a weekly priced at 10x singles doesn't really make a great deal of sense.
And there is no day ticket equivalent for Macclesfield

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Vehicle 122 has been tracking as the wrong vehicle for a few weeks now. It was tracking as 43, now it's tracking as 504.

D&G are proposing to vary routes no. 37 (Crewe - Sandbach - Winsford - Northwich) and 38 (Crewe - Sandbach - Congleton - Macclesfield) from 3 June 2024. Unclear at this stage what the variation is

It's just a change to the stand allocation at Crewe bus station.

Last edited:

Jase_in_CW

As I’m bored I will speculate on what I’d like to see evening 37 extended at both ends for a northwich - Crewe service or if not then a X31 evening service on missing week nights. Adding an extra northwich - Winsford day time service (old 29 maybe) extending to the top estates to do away with the current Winsford circular monstrosity. Obviously the 38 should be doubled in frequency.

SeanM1997

D&G changes from 3 June 2024:

31 Crewe - Leighton Hospital - Winsford - Northwich
From 3rd June the 2036 journey from Winsford to Crewe will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.

37 Crewe - Sandbach - Middlewich - Winsford - Northwich
From 3rd June evening journeys on service 37 will be extended beyond Winsford to Wharton, Moulton and Northwich.

38 Crewe - Sandbach - Congleton - Macclesfield
From 3rd June evening journeys on service 38 will run to a revised timetable to improve reliability.

X31 Winsford Estates - Winsford - Northwich
From 3rd June service X31 will be withdrawn. Additional evening journeys will run on service 37 between Winsford and Northwich.

station_road

From 3rd June the 2036 journey from Winsford to Crewe will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.

From 3rd June evening journeys on service 37 will be extended beyond Winsford to Wharton, Moulton and Northwich.

From 3rd June evening journeys on service 38 will run to a revised timetable to improve reliability.

From 3rd June service X31 will be withdrawn. Additional evening journeys will run on service 37 between Winsford and Northwich.
I think you may have a different definition of "exciting news" to me ;)

I was hoping for the return of Sunday services on the 38 - Cheshire East must have some of their BSIP funding left over to support that

markymark2000

On Moderation
It's not - but announcement after election as Winsford has an election and impacts them
This aged well. Couldn't be announced to due to election and then on polling day announce it!

Changes make sense. X31 had limited potential given Grange only has a 9-2 service but then amazingly got a Friday and Saturday evening service.

I think you may have a different definition of "exciting news" to me ;)
Agreed.

ServerHoster

Speaking of the 20:36 route 31 bus, it looked like it might have skipped a few stops in the Winsford area tonight, according to the BusTimes tracking.