• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sp98

I received that same email on 23/06 giving a two-week time frame, but still haven't heard anything as of yet!

LokiB

I received that same email on 23/06 giving a two-week time frame, but still haven't heard anything as of yet!
I got the same on 04/06 saying the same then one 3 weeks later saying the role is been reviewed and may be changing.

Whatever happens we need to put our feet up, it's going to be a long process.

T-Karmel

I thought it'll be beneficial to everyone to put this vacancy in this thread, rather than starting a new one. I will also update the first post.

Acton, West London

Robb7

They require proof of my GCSEs to submit application??? I took mine in 1994 and gawd knows where my certificate is now!
What can I do?

ButtonMoon

Long-term solution, it is possible to get copies of certificates issued. Short-term.... perhaps just upload a document listing your results and explaining that you can attempt to obtain copies of certificates if required. At least that will allow you to submit.

Robb7

Long-term solution, it is possible to get copies of certificates issued. Short-term.... perhaps just upload a document listing your results and explaining that you can attempt to obtain copies of certificates if required. At least that will allow you to submit.
That's exactly what I did.
The inclusion of this ridiculous requirement just baffles me... I know of nowhere that demand such archaic documentation!

NorthernTech

That's exactly what I did.
The inclusion of this ridiculous requirement just baffles me... I know of nowhere that demand such archaic documentation!
As mentioned earlier In the thread, where a few others also struggled to find proof, it is related to the course being an apprenticeship and that the company will likely gain funding towards the course cost.

Ua777

Hi all!

First post on this forum. I’m 21, and this is the first time ever I’ve applied for a trainee driver role. I’ve gone for the DB junior driver talent pool. I doubt I get in but the knowledge I pick up along the way will be useful in further recruitment opportunities.

I wanted to know out of curiosity, how many days does it take to receive a response (other than submission confirmation) from the day you apply?

Thank you!

1867Blue

Hi all!

First post on this forum. I’m 21, and this is the first time ever I’ve applied for a trainee driver role. I’ve gone for the DB junior driver talent pool. I doubt I get in but the knowledge I pick up along the way will be useful in further recruitment opportunities.

I wanted to know out of curiosity, how many days does it take to receive a response (other than submission confirmation) from the day you apply?

Thank you!
Hi,

I applied in November 2020, was told in December 2020 that I would be invited to an assessment day in January 2021. January 2021 came and I received an email saying it had been delayed due to the ongoing restrictions. The assessment day came at the start of may2021 and my interview at the end of May 2021. I had my medical towards the end of July 2021, so I am hopeful for a start date soon.

hope that’s helps.

good luck.

Ua777

Hi,

I applied in November 2020, was told in December 2020 that I would be invited to an assessment day in January 2021. January 2021 came and I received an email saying it had been delayed due to the ongoing restrictions. The assessment day came at the start of may2021 and my interview at the end of May 2021. I had my medical towards the end of July 2021, so I am hopeful for a start date soon.

hope that’s helps.

good luck.
Definitely did! Thank u good sir, and good luck to u

Eddie77

Hi all!

Thank you!
I applied in June 2019, got a reply in October 2019, assessment centre and interview with depot manager December 2019

ButtonMoon

If you're within commuting distance of West London, I doubt you'll be within the commuting requirement for Dollands Moor. Barking... perhaps.

If you do meet the requirements, I don't see why not.

Last edited:

Ua777

Yes I checked. Unfortunately I’m slightly over an hour drive away from barking station

Ua777

Hi,

Do you guys reckon TOCs are bias toward age and would want to recruit older individuals for their trainee driver roles? Or does it not matter? I’m 21 coming out of uni. I’ve had a retail job involving a lot of customer service, and health and safety training as it was a big diy store. Just wondering if my chances are hindered by age?

also, I’m new to this forum, was wondering if this is the best thread to check for new vacancies? Or are there other ones I should keep an eye on?

thank you in advance

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Hi,

Do you guys reckon TOCs are bias toward age and would want to recruit older individuals for their trainee driver roles? Or does it not matter? I’m 21 coming out of uni. I’ve had a retail job involving a lot of customer service, and health and safety training as it was a big diy store. Just wondering if my chances are hindered by age?

also, I’m new to this forum, was wondering if this is the best thread to check for new vacancies? Or are there other ones I should keep an eye on?

thank you in advance

Nobody will be biased towards anyone (officially) although naturally people with more experience may be able to answer scenario-based questions better.

Regarding vacancies, no it isn't; this forum isn't a job listings site and threads may appear as and when a vacancy gets posted, but it isn't guaranteed. Refer to this thread which talks about where vacancies will be posted (normally the train / freight operator website).

Ua777

Nobody will be biased towards anyone (officially) although naturally people with more experience may be able to answer scenario-based questions better.

Regarding vacancies, no it isn't; this forum isn't a job listings site and threads may appear as and when a vacancy gets posted, but it isn't guaranteed. Refer to this thread which talks about where vacancies will be posted (normally the train / freight operator website).
Thanks for the clarification. Very helpful.

Loco94

Today been invited for psychometric testing which is being run in Doncaster a few dates this month and next, applied for Nottingham vacancy from may, anyone else also been invited ?

NorthernTech

Today been invited for psychometric testing which is being run in Doncaster a few dates this month and next, applied for Nottingham vacancy from may, anyone else also been invited ?
Good to see some movement finally, when you going to Doncaster?

Loco94

I’m still awaiting a reply to see what date I’ve been allocated, but should be either later this month or next month

Ua777

Nice! I’ve not been invited but may I know where/when you applied?

Ua777

Appled in may this year for the Nottingham vacancy
Yeah I read that after I posted haha

best of luck to u man.

I guess that means they took about 3 months to invite you.. did you hear anything from them in between the 3 months? Did you follow up with them in that 3 month period?

thanks