• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay and Oyster cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
What fare should be used to calculate DelayRepay on an Oyster PAYG journey which is the last journey of the passenger’s day, if:
a) the journey was notionally free owing to the passenger having reached the cap previously in the day
b) the journey cost less than the usual amount owing to it causing the passenger to reach the cap?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PeterC

Established Member
Who is the operator? For TfL operated services the website makes no reference to caps so you always get the PAYG single fare.
(Originally they refunded the cash fare and on a bad day I have had back more than I paid)

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
What fare should be used to calculate DelayRepay on an Oyster PAYG journey which is the last journey of the passenger’s day, if:
a) the journey was notionally free owing to the passenger having reached the cap previously in the day
b) the journey cost less than the usual amount owing to it causing the passenger to reach the cap?
I don't know how they would calculate it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they took the actual price paid for that journey, even if that was zero.

SW19Traveller

Curious if anyone has experience with this on Thameslink too? It looks to be the same web system running it as on Southeastern.

@island do report back when you've tried it.

They ask for a journey cost on the delay repay form, and from experience using paper day travelcards (there's no category that works for them other than "paper return ticket" with the full travelcard cost) the compensation is based on exactly what you put in the box. Whether the journey cost is the pay as you go single journey cost or the capped zero cost is a good question.

Presumably by using pay as you go I'm doing myself out of the ability to claim for my normal train being deleted in the Thameslink temporary timetable because I'm "inconvenienced" into taking the train 30 minutes early rather than "delayed" for the train 30 minutes late, and this can be verified from my touch in times.

Status
Not open for further replies.