• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMI Chiltern Railways

SouthernStar

Hi everybody,

I recently found out that I passed OPC stage 2, and I have to admit I’m very excited about having my DMI for Trainee train driver Very soon! Is anyone willing to share any advice/insights into the DMI process at Chiltern? Will the questions be similar to that in the MMI? essentially a repetition of competency based Scenarios.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flyingburger

Hello,

Firstly congratulations on passing stage 2! Sounds like I am in the same boat as you. I have also passed stage 2 early Feb for Chiltern and waiting on a DMI was told I would find out in two weeks for an interview date but not heard back yet.

TacoTraveller

Hi everybody,

I recently found out that I passed OPC stage 2, and I have to admit I’m very excited about having my DMI for Trainee train driver Very soon! Is anyone willing to share any advice/insights into the DMI process at Chiltern? Will the questions be similar to that in the MMI? essentially a repetition of competency based Scenarios.
It's basically another MMI but less formal

PLY2AYS

Congrats on passing. I start with Chiltern at the end of the month moving from another TOC.

Unlikely that my interview prep will help/may have come a little too late. Either way, the majority of my questions were based around safety critical experiences, any knowledge of the grade, the job role itself and potentially any knowledge of the rule book, but that last one is unlikely to be relevant to you.

Still figuring out how to navigate this forum, but if anyone on this thread wants more information or has any further queries, just let me know. No doubt see you up and down the line at some point.

What depots have you applied to?

SouthernStar

Congrats on passing. I start with Chiltern at the end of the month moving from another TOC.

Unlikely that my interview prep will help/may have come a little too late. Either way, the majority of my questions were based around safety critical experiences, any knowledge of the grade, the job role itself and potentially any knowledge of the rule book, but that last one is unlikely to be relevant to you.

Still figuring out how to navigate this forum, but if anyone on this thread wants more information or has any further queries, just let me know. No doubt see you up and down the line at some point.

What depots have you applied to?
Thanks mate, I’ve DM you! :)