• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Docklands Light Railway To Stratford Int

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone.

Do you no when this Line is going to be open...

All I can see is Autumn 2010 Should be a great Line.

Speak Soon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Is there something holding it up then? I only found out about this line recently (well, August!) when I saw it on a London Connections map somewhere in London!

Any Permitted

The stations look pretty much finished but I've yet to see any trains running tests on it (I only really see it when I go Jubilee from Stratford though so it's not that often). It's going to be interesting to ride it north of Stratford.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
TfL's Commisioners report last month, page 7:

Commissioners-report-sept-2010.pdf

Stratford International Extension
The extension which was originally scheduled to open in the summer will now open in January 2011. Although this is slightly later than planned, the extension - which is key to the success of the London Olympics transport plans - will still be completed well before the 2012 Games. Construction at all stations on the line extension is nearing completion, with the testing phase currently scheduled to commence in October.

Electrostar

To be fair at present there's nothing at Stratford International but the SE HS service which has a temporary bus connection. Come autumn the huge Wedtfield shopping centre will open, followed by next year's Olympics and then the Straford City houses. Yes it's a pain, especially to those living close to new stations between Stratford and Canning Town but it saves having to staff a line that for the moment will be rather quiet. If it opened tomorrow it's busiest period would be at the event of a Jubilee line suspension between Stratford and Canning Town. It will come and I'm sure it will open prior to Westfield opening. Unlike previous DLR lines there aren't new housing schemes waiting for the line to open.

raul

Testing (using 2 and 3 car units) has been taking place for a little while now
so hopefully not long before it opens

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Due to open in July.

Nothing wrong with the infrastructure or signalling, but non-compliant comms equipment installed by contractor Skanska.

Class377/5

Established Member
Due to open in July.

Nothing wrong with the infrastructure or signalling, but non-compliant comms equipment installed by contractor Skanska.

And the fact they have problems with someone nicking the signalling cables last year for a few months delaying the testing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.