• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Donald Trump Auto Announcement at Liverpool South Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the following in Donald Trump style Voice
"To the Children Messing around on the Concourse please refrain from doing so. Please sit and wait at your designated Bus stop. No Jumping or Dancing around and definately no Tik Toking!"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AirRail

If automated why american? If aimed at children/teens, why Trump? Sounds all a bit bizarre. I guess americanising the UK is in full swing though.

Harvey B

Just heard the following in Donald Trump style Voice
"To the Children Messing around on the Concourse please refrain from doing so. Please sit and wait at your designated Bus stop. No Jumping or Dancing around and definately no Tik Toking!"
Does anyone have a recording of the announcement
Nothing will ever match the (in)famous one at Penrith station which of course had to be changed!!
What was that announcement?

Monday was of course April 1st….
But isn't April Fools in the UK only meant to go on until midday?

AlastairFraser

Established Member

Attachments

• Penrith_Railway_Station_warning_(the_boring,_real_version)_-_geograph.org.uk_-_132060.jpg
    Penrith_Railway_Station_warning_(the_boring,_real_version)_-_geograph.org.uk_-_132060.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 334

Skie

Years ago (10+) there was a spate of official looking railway signs that popped up on various Merseyrail trains but were clearly parody. Things like:

Please leave windows open to avoid asphyxiation [Complete with gas mask symbol]

ExRes

Established Member
Have to say I've no real idea what a 'Donald Trump Auto Announcement' or a 'Donald Trump style voice' are supposed to be, I guess everyone can be grateful though that a completely mentally unaware 'Joe Biden Auto Announcement' and a mumbling 'Joe Biden style voice' haven't arrived yet

QueensCurve

Established Member
Possibly the infamous one warning passengers of the risk of getting sucked off if they don't stand back from the platform edge?
I never heard that one. I remember at Penrith one of the eariest automated announcements used to say "on board will be a service of [pause] snax [long pause] light refreshments..."

Mordac

Established Member
Maybe The Donald is paying for his legal fees by doing a little voice acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.