• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emirates A380 at LHR

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn

Has anyone seen/photographed the Emirates A380 yet at LHR?
A6-EDA is in today and due out around 1400.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt Taylor

Established Member

glenn

i would say that counts,yep.

The CFMU had it on the ground at 1146 this morning.

Qantas one looks pretty impressive and will look forward to seeing it in Jan.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
I was using a Canon 100-400L IS mounted on a Canon 30D, it required some cropping and the shot was taken from outside the Tesco store on Faggs Road in Feltham, I was waiting for the Singapore 380 at the time and couldn't believe my luck when I looked up and saw that.:D

Matt

Ilove165's

I have....on sunday,A6-EDA came in....

IMG_3391.jpg

Mr Alex

I've been trying to get photos of planes around Heathrow for years but havent succeeded for obvious reasons, can you recommend a place for taking photos please?
Excellant photos by the way:D
;)

Ilove165's

I've been trying to get photos of planes around Heathrow for years but havent succeeded for obvious reasons, can you recommend a place for taking photos please?
Excellant photos by the way

If there's a westerly wind(and they're using 27L(southern runway)....), best place to go is the field by Myrtle Avenue (where the above shot was taken)
It's not that far from Hatton Cross Tube Station, and there's a petrol station nearby for supplies

Find it here:
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=My...iddlesex|Myrtle Avenue, HATTON (LONDON), TW14

If there's an easterly wind(and using the northerly runway(09L)), the best place to go is the passenger drop-off point at T5(me and my dad went there to get some take-off shots and proved to be a good place to go),It's easy to shoot through the fence and the cops won't bother you.....

Hope this helps,

Sam

Established Member
You all beat me to it, came in just after 11. Eyesight report there, aye glenn ;)

Mr Alex

If there's a westerly wind(and they're using 27L(southern runway)....), best place to go is the field by Myrtle Avenue (where the above shot was taken)
It's not that far from Hatton Cross Tube Station, and there's a petrol station nearby for supplies

Find it here:
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=My...iddlesex|Myrtle Avenue, HATTON (LONDON), TW14

If there's an easterly wind(and using the northerly runway(09L)), the best place to go is the passenger drop-off point at T5(me and my dad went there to get some take-off shots and proved to be a good place to go),It's easy to shoot through the fence and the cops won't bother you.....

Hope this helps,

Sam
Excellant many thanks for the help, i'll look into it more as I miss photographing Airliners..:(
;)

Ilove165's

For those axious to get the Qantas 380,I propose we meet up and have a RUK LHR veg day

Also a challenge: Best phot of the day wins a prize....

Sam

Last edited:

Established Member
For those axious to get the Qantas 380,I propse we meet up and have a RUK LHR veg day

Also a challenge: Best phot of the day wins a prize....

Sam

I am in, Heathrow is 15 minutes from me by bus and its FREE! :lol:.

I am 777 veg, so beware if G-VIIH comes in your all getting a frothing!

Tom B

Established Member
Please post things in the most appropriate forum.

Mr Alex

Aww, they are piddly though. Then again, BA have them so doesn't bother me.
Yea, although at one point when Jersey European exisited, they were still running 3 Shorts 330s from Exeter-Jersey and so they were one of my favorite 'small' aircrafts as I travelled on them quite a bit
;)

34067James

I am in, Heathrow is 15 minutes from me by bus and its FREE! :lol:.

I am 777 veg, so beware if G-VIIH comes in your all getting a frothing!

a 777 veg no :oops: I prefer the A330 :D I wanna see a A380 up close I have only seen the Singapore A380 and that was at 10,000 ft on its way to Singapore. I am in for the Rail UK LHR veg day 8-)
BA's 146s rarely come into LHR....Better going to London City Airport for them

Sam
Is it not BA Cityflyer now it was BA Connect but that was taken over by flybe which then BA Cityflyer was born again.

James

Ilove165's

It is BA Citiflier....they thought it was a better name than BA Connect....

I am 777 veg, but only those with big "cans"(engines)(777-200LR/300E/LR plus A340-600).....

Sam

Established Member
It is BA Citiflier....they thought it was a better name than BA Connect....

I am 777 veg, but only those with big "cans"(engines)(777-200LR/300E/LR plus A340-600).....

Sam

Boeing 777s or any planes have never had their engines nick named 'cans' :|. I prefer the British Airways 777-236ER, although sadly 2008 will be the first year I have not flown on two (LHR to somewhere and back) since I was 3.

This year I have done G-BLNO and G-BCVF BA 747s on LHR to JFK and return.

Also this year I have done LHR-AUH-LHR on A6-EHH and A6-EHF Etihad A340 600s.

I have alot of miles at the moment :).

Ilove165's

Also this year I have done LHR-AUH-LHR on A6-EHH and A6-EHF Etihad A340 600s.

OOOOO.....lucky you! :D

My mum and dad did something like that last month, but only because my dad knows someone who works for Etihad!

Sam

Flyboy

This is largely irrelevant on a railway forum, but I just wanted to clear up some of the confusion in previous posts regarding who's who amongst the airlines mentioned :

1) Jersey European - In 2000 they re-branded from Jersey European to British European, and just over a year later re-branded again to become Flybe, but they're still owned by the family of steel magnate Jack Walker. Following their takeover of BA Connect in 2007 their next target is likely to be bmi Regional when the bmi sale to Lufthansa is completed. Coincidentally Jersey European is where I started my flying career, not on the Shorts 360 'Shed' but the F27. Such is their quest for world domination I sometimes regret leaving as I'd be inside the top 50 of a seniority list extending to over 700 pilots!!! Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say!

2) BA CityFlyer - Originally called CityFlyer Express, they were a BA franchise operator based at Gatwick and owned by 4 venture capitalists. In 1998 they were bought out by BA, mainly so BA could then take control of more than 40% of Gatwick's slots. BA CityFlyer remains a standalone franchise operator and is now based at London City airport.

3) BA Connect - formerly called BA CitiExpress, the airline was formed by the merger of Bristol-based BA franchise operator Brymon Airways, Manchester-based BA franchise operator British Regional Airlines, and Isle of Man-based British Regional Airlines franchise operator Manx Airlines, although Manx was retained as a standalone operation. BA CitiExpress was rebranded as BA Connect in 2006 and was taken over by my old firm - Flybe in 2007.

So from all that we're now left with just big BA, Flybe and BA CityFlyer.

It's all constant mergers, takeovers and rebranding, which is much the same as on the rails I suppose.

PS - We normally refer to engines as.....errrrr.....well.....engines! or very occasionally donks! but never cans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.