• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Experienced Customer Service Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza1970

I just want to ask what TOCs look for when recruiting Customer Service staff. I was employed by British Rail from 1986 after joining then om the old YTS schemes and over the years until being made redundant in 2010 gained numerous years of experience and customer service excellence within the industry, I finally left at grade RS/D as Station Supervisor for a "NORTHERN" TOC. Over the past 6-12 months I have been trying to re-join the industry applying for positions with TPE / Scotrail (First Group TOCs). Although I have a full CV with a excellent educational background and as mentioned loads of railway experience I seem to get knocked out at the initial sifting stages of the application. Is the railway looking for something different than experience or customer service recognitions? or does experience in the industry not count for anything these days. Any help would be most helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.