• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fare Evasion

Spacerock

If you have a look at other threads seek out a fairly regular post from @Hadders which has an outline of how best to respond to these letters in order to try and obtain an out of court settlement, which should be your objective. You can then work on a draft to send and if you think it would help, post that up here for people to check for you.
Thank you , I have wrote it but not sure if I need to mention how long I was doing it .
I apologise unreservedly and sincerely for having the incorrect travel card for the appropriate zones in which I was travelling. It was a grave error of judgement for which there can be no excuse.

These actions has led me to develop anxiety and have a hard time sleeping as my poor decision caused this mishap.

My husband has genetic eye condition , he really struggles daily base as it affects his vision if his condition continues to decline he wouldn’t be able to live independent life and I would need to provide for whole family including my daughter.

If this matter were to escalate further into court, it would compromise my work as I need to keep a clean record and therefore be devastating to my family as I am the sole provider for income.

I am happy to make immediate payment of the all-reasonable costs + any admin cost which may have occurred that my actions have caused and avoid a criminal record thereby allowing me to continue to my work and provide for my family.

I sincerely hope that you will accept my offer.

Yours Faithfully,

Hi I have written the letter.

I would Like to express my sincerely apology for having the incorrect travel card for the appropriate zones in which I was travelling. It was a grave error of judgement for which there can be no excuse.
These actions has led me to develop anxiety and have a hard time sleeping as my poor decision caused this mishap.

My husband has genetic eye condition , he really struggles daily base as it affects his vision if his condition continues to decline he wouldn’t be able to live independent life and I would need to provide for whole family including my daughter.

If this matter were to escalate further into court, it would compromise my work as I need to keep a clean record and therefore be devastating to my family as I am the sole provider for income.

I am happy to make immediate payment of the all-reasonable costs + any admin cost which may have occurred that my actions have caused and avoid a criminal record thereby allowing me to continue to my work and provide for my family.

Yours Faithfully,

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
Thank you , I have wrote it but not sure if I need to mention how long I was doing it .
I apologise unreservedly and sincerely for having the incorrect travel card for the appropriate zones in which I was travelling. It was a grave error of judgement for which there can be no excuse.

Yours Faithfully,

Hi I have written the letter.

I would Like to express my sincerely apology for having the incorrect travel card for the appropriate zones in which I was travelling. It was a grave error of judgement for which there can be no excuse.

Yours Faithfully,
Hi - thanks for posting your draft
ref your question:

- Unless they are asking you how often you did this it is probably best that you do not mention it at this stage. If they check their records and think you did this on more than one occasion they will come back to you and ask about it. At that stage you can answer that.

Re your draft - looks generally OK - I have suggested some minor adjustments and corrections below that you could consider if you think they are helpful - I hope these are clear from the bold and italic bits (suggested new wording) and strikethroughs (suggested deletions or moved wording):

Dear Sir/Madam

Your reference: [Insert any reference numbers from the Southeatern Trains documents]

These actions has led me to develop anxiety and have a hard time sleeping as my poor decision caused this mishap. mistake on my part. I am very sorry for what has happened and I now understand the seriousness of this. I now properly appreciate that I should have paid the correct fare for my travel and I will make sure that I do this on every occasion in future.

My husband has genetic eye condition, he really struggles on a daily basis as it affects his vision. If if his condition continues to decline he wouldn’t be able to live an independent life and I would need to provide and care for my whole family including my daughter.

I would be most grateful if you could give your sympathetic consideration to allowing this matter to be resolved without the need for court action.

I am happy to make immediate payment of the travel costs owed plus all-reasonable costs + any admin cost which may have occurred that my actions have caused. This would allow me to and avoid a criminal record thereby allowing me to avoid a criminal record and continue in to my work and provide for my family.

I sincerely hope that you can look sympathetically on my request. will accept my offer.

Yours Faithfully,

Keep a copy of what you send back to them and consider sending it signed for post so that you know it gets to them

Last edited:

Spacerock

Thank you everyone, I am going to send it over, hopefully I will get out of court settlement, Really appreciate all the help, I will send it tomorrow.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Please do let us know how you get on, as it helps us to provide assistance to others in future.