• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW HST at Cricklewood Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager 2093

Whilst going past Cricklewood Depot on Friday, I thought I saw a FGW liveried HST power car, am I going mad or could it be a MML liveried HST power car.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
A 377/319 parked in front of a HST powercar if you were going fast?

MCR247

Established Member
Well on Tuesday, I went past on a HST and the wasn't one there :?

O L Leigh

Established Member
That's a very poor view of the depot from the North Circ viaduct. You can really only see the fronts of the trains stabled and very little of the sides.

I personally wouldn't trust my own observations from that vantage point and would definately be questioning the interpretation of what I'd just seen, especially if it appeared to be a little out of the ordinary.

O L Leigh

Turbostar

Well, comparing pics of fronts of FGW & MML HST power cars, I'd say from a distance they look the same, so I can't see how someone can distinctly tell a FGW power car from a MML power car just by looking at the front of it.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Around what time? Remember its a depot so movements are frequent.

MML used to use Cricklewood to allow extra space for services at St Pancras, I presume EMT do the same, are you sure it wasn't a de-branded MML power car?

Cricklewood hasn't really been much more than a yard since the 319s (allocated to Selhurst at the time) took over from the 317s in 1988/9-ish. Infact when it came to building a depot north of the river for their units in time for the 9 month blockade at St Pancras/Kings Cross Thameslink (to work on St Pancras' low level platforms), Thameslink picked a new site (Cauldwell Walk) in Bedford, rather than re-use Cricklewood.

westcoaster

Established Member
There are two or three hst's that park up for most of the day, these are always parked on road 1 and 2 and the other one near to the new refuelling road, up by the compound. they come in around 10 and leave around 5-6, there are other movements during the day but these are just to clear st pancras and to re-fuel. I was working on friday and i did not see a fgw livered powercar in cricklewood.

devon_metro

Established Member
Well, comparing pics of fronts of FGW & MML HST power cars, I'd say from a distance they look the same, so I can't see how someone can distinctly tell a FGW power car from a MML power car just by looking at the front of it.

Different headlight clusters? (obviously the distance in important in terms of being able to correctly identify)

Status
Not open for further replies.