• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Recruiting Guards Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX

First Great Western are looking for Conductor/Guards at Bristol Temple Meads, Reading and Exeter Depots.

See FirstGroup website for details.

NX.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NX

Bristol are very short Guard wise, 6 have gone over to the HS side as Train Managers, with another internal drive ongoing now. Combine that with the 12 short they are now requires external and internal recruitment.

The same can be said for Exeter, Guards going over to Train Managers and some going over to driving.

Reading as a short fall due to Guards going to Paddington as Train Managers, and again driving at Reading.

NX.

Monty

Established Member
Would have been interested a few months earlier had the Mrs been open to the idea of a move to Exeter. ;)

387star

On Moderation
Would have been interested a few months earlier had the Mrs been open to the idea of a move to Exeter. ;)

Haha likewise I'm a guard for FGW and would like to move west some point but gf doesn't want to

Broon511

If successful at the application stage, what should the hopeful applicants expect? If anybody knows that is.

An assessment day and if so what sort of test do they do?

An interview/telephone interview?

plymothian

1. Application
2. Online tests: scenario based, what would you do in x situation (multiple choice)
3. Assessment day: SCAAT, ticket selling and checking
4. Interview
5. Medical

plymothian

Just been through the whole process up to 4 (for the Exeter depot, so seeing them advertising is a bit :o).
Am now 'on hold' for 5.

455driver

Veteran Member
Just been through the whole process up to 4 (for the Exeter depot, so seeing them advertising is a bit :o).
Am now 'on hold' for 5.

They need more than 4 at Exeter (I think it is about 8), they are probably staggering the intake to give the Managers half a chance of having enough Instructors to allocate to the trainees instead of having more trainees than Instructors which is the normal way HR work.

plymothian

Yeah, I recognise that, and know (from here) how recruitment works.
It's just a bit frustrating when your life is 'on hold' too waiting for the call lol.

Crawley Ben

Add Westbury and Redhill to the vacancy list now.

NX

May I ask a question or two please? I am based in Crawley & have my own car. Would I be deemed to be 'close enough' or is Crawley too far away would you think? Also wondered what sort of routes/traction you might work *if* one applied for the job & was successful in getting employed etc etc.

Cheers

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.