• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fife circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair G.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at doing a day trip up to edinburgh, but will only have around 5 hours there. I would love you have a ride behind some class 68's which I believe are on the Fife circle route. Just wondering if anyone can answer m&s questions for me please

1) are the class 68's even on this

2) are there any regular service times that are always booked 68's?

3) would I have enough time to Complete the Fife circle in my limited time I have up there?

4) do you get much thrash out of them?

5) if they aren't booked 68's what tends to be on them instead?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at doing a day trip up to edinburgh, but will only have around 5 hours there. I would love you have a ride behind some class 68's which I believe are on the Fife circle route. Just wondering if anyone can answer m&s questions for me please

1) are the class 68's even on this
2) are there any regular service times that are always booked 68's?
Yes & yes.

You may be interested to hear we have a Frequently Requested Diagrams Thread which is well maintained by SprinterMan.

See the ScotRail Class 68 entry for details.
3) would I have enough time to Complete the Fife circle in my limited time I have up there?
Yes, if you are there at the applicable times.
4) do you get much thrash out of them?
I'm told they are very powerful machines and make a reasonable amount of noise yes.
5) if they aren't booked 68's what tends to be on them instead?
A 67 presumably.

Kite159

Veteran Member
At other times the Fife circle services can either be a 158 or 170, with the odd 156 thrown in for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.