• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First class on TGV Dupex

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetheguard

Established Member
I'm thinking of doing a trip from Paris to Barcelona in one of the direct TGV's.

It's a considerable distance and -although most of it is over high speed lines- as a result it's quite a long journey. As a result, I'm considering paying the extra and going first class. Whichever class I opt for I'd prefer to travel on the top deck.

So, does anyone know: is all the first class accommodation on the top deck of the Duplex TGV's, or would I still need to request a seat "en haute" to ensure a top deck seat?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
You need to reserve en haut.

Due to a problem between keyboard and seat, my last TGV trip was erroneously booked in first class downstairs. Fortunately as I was travelling on FIP coupons, I reserved again upstairs.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
One thing to be said is try sitting on the lower deck on one of the highest speed sections- the sensation of speed is amazing. There is also a problem of vermin nicking luggage at some TGV stations. I always try to keep it very close or ideally get a seat right up near a bulkhead and store it behind the seat. A cycle lock can also be helpful but that doesn't stop the vermin rummaging through your case if you are in the toilet or in the buffet.

My other advice would be to pack your own food for a long journey like this. The 'barcar' menu is limited/expensive/often out of stock, or occasionally just shut altogether! Given that SNCF charge a lot for First Class travel, this is a less appealing feature!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.