• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Transpennine Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yook

Hi guys, this is my first post. Just sat the first part of the driver assessment on Wednesday for TPE and I'm wondering has anyone heard about returning for the second part of the assessment yet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SLV

Hi

I sat a conductor assessment and role play 2 weeks ago with ftpe and still haven't heard anything....so not sure how fast they move tbh...

Jydo

Hi

I sat a conductor assessment and role play 2 weeks ago with ftpe and still haven't heard anything....so not sure how fast they move tbh...

My girlfriend applied for FTPE a few weeks ago (conductor based at Glasgow Central) passed the SJT and has a telephone interview booked for this coming wednesday........the job was on the First website for a matter of days then it got pulled, not seen anyone else on this site mention it tho??

Last edited:

HawkeyeTheNoo

My girlfriend applied for FTPE a few weeks ago (conductor based at Glasgow Central) passed the SJT and has a telephone interview booked for this coming wednesday........the job was on the First website for a matter of days then it got pulled, not seen anyone else on this site mention it tho??

I got the alert sent to me and was well up for applying however I had a migraine so decided to wait til the next day to do so! I went to apply first thing the next morning and the job had been pulled about 9 days before the listed closing date! I wasn't a happy bunny I can tell you! Good luck to your girlfriend though!

rocky1807

Does anyone know what sort of questions will be asked during the trainee conductor telephone interview for Ftpe?
I have this on Thursday.
Any help's appreciated.

Bluebri

Does anyone know what sort of questions will be asked during the trainee conductor telephone interview for Ftpe?
I have this on Thursday.
Any help's appreciated.

Questions are around customer service and motivation to becoming a conductor. I would have a few decent examples you can give ready in your head, as well as dealing with difficult situations, as the interview is fast paced like you are being hurried. I think it is more to do with them, as they only have a certain amount of time to complete the interview, so you need to make sure you can deliver good examples clearly and quickly.

Good luck.

Daysaver

Thought I would revive this thread as it seems most relevant

I have passed the telephone interview, the opc tests CBI & role play. I have now been invited to a final interview with a Conductor Manager.

Does anyone have any experience of what might be asked at this final interview ? I have a good idea but thought Id ask for anything ive not considered ?!

Regards !

SLV

I'm not 100% sure to be honest - might be some similar questions that you had in the OPC interview.

From browsing here I'd guess Customer Service, Conflict, emergency etc - and possibly more general ones like what you think the role is about, why you'd be good.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also, not a train related interview but a few recent ones I've have had asked questions about a time you've made a mistake, things have gone wrong etc.

They basically just want to see that you have reflected and learned on that experience and how you handled unexpected things happening.

Good luck for tomorrow - hopefully someone that has been through one will post something more useful soon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.