• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fotopic Batch Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbonwick

Established Member
Following on from this thread I have done some digging and found 2 scripts which allow batch downloading from fotopic.net.

However (yes there's a catch :p) I can't get either of them to work :(
The first is a python script, here It requires BeautifulSoup (see article on link)

Second is a Perl script which downloads files to a local location then uploads them to flickr. Detailed here

So obviously, my question is can anyone get them to work or tell what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
----------------------UPDATE----------------------------

I have got the Perl module installed, and am now setting about the task of modifying it because it is designed for Linux.

Will let you know how I get on!

mbonwick

Established Member
Python script is nearly there, work has stopped on Perl for the mo. Restarting tomorow with Perl as it holds more promise.

pedned

Is this actually legal...
With copywrite etc. im not actually sure if you can do this legally
And i dont want anyone snooping around on my fotopic site stealing pictures and posting them on theyre own sites (including flickr) (at least not without my permission)

mbonwick

Established Member
I don't suppose it matters as I've given up on it - got better things like the BVW FAQ to do

Status
Not open for further replies.