• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freedom of Severn and Solent

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyH

At some point I will be using the above rover to travel down to Bournemouth from Malvern. I will use it for travelling down and then back which also leaves another day of validity. My plan is to travel the entire area that this rover covers.

I've never planned a trip like this before so does anyone have any tips on planning? Perhaps a suggested route and timings? I could feasibly cover some of the lines on the rips down to Bournemouth and back as long as it didn't take considerably longer to arrive

This relies on the fact I've understood the ticket terms correctly. It is ANY 3 days of 7 and they do not need to be consecutive?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
The ticket can be used any 3 days in the 7 - they can be consecutive, they can be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as I've done in the past - it's up to you. All you do is write on the ticket the date when you wish to use it. I recommend not doing that until you reach the station - I imagine that writing the date on the ticket and then, possible in my case, the bus not turning up to get me to the station and the day rather curtailed.

I'm not sure where you're starting out from so I can't advise on plans, but follow the links to my two last trip reports and you'll see some of the stuff that's on offer:

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=88043 (2013)

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102064 (2014)

TobyH

Thanks. Given me a few ideas.

I will be starting from Malvern Link, travelling down on a weekday and then returning two or three days later - also on a weekday. I'd then have a spare day, probably a Saturday.

The aim was to cover the entire area by taking detours on the out and return legs and doing the remainder on the spare day. Not sure if this will be feasible though without making for an extremely long day.

Additionally, is this rover valid on London Midland for Malvern to Worcester and also Southern for between Southampton and Portsmouth? Numerous searches have produced contradictory results.

Thanks

CC 72100

Established Member
Thanks. Given me a few ideas.

I will be starting from Malvern Link, travelling down on a weekday and then returning two or three days later - also on a weekday. I'd then have a spare day, probably a Saturday.

The aim was to cover the entire area by taking detours on the out and return legs and doing the remainder on the spare day. Not sure if this will be feasible though without making for an extremely long day.

Additionally, is this rover valid on London Midland for Malvern to Worcester and also Southern for between Southampton and Portsmouth? Numerous searches have produced contradictory results.

Thanks

Debated - although on this forum, it is accepted as being valid: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2021083#post2021083

Status
Not open for further replies.