• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Leeds - Rolling Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
I know Freightliner’s Leeds depot is almost entirely populated by class 66 and 70 locos, but I was under the impression that there’s also a Class 56 there as a ‘super shunter’. Is that correct, and does it mostly stay on the depot or is it usually seen in the sidings where they store the stock alongside the Leeds-Wakefield line?

Is there anything else interesting to be seen there (from public roads/paths obviously!)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Timrud

I've been past it a lot and never seen the class 56. Lots of 70's that never do anything

E_Reeves

Established Member
I'm not familiar with FL loco allocations, but are there any 70s that see no regular traffic? On a loco tracking website I use where you can see other people's sightings, 70001 doesn't appear to have moved much, so why's this?

trainmania100

Established Member
I'm not familiar with FL loco allocations, but are there any 70s that see no regular traffic? On a loco tracking website I use where you can see other people's sightings, 70001 doesn't appear to have moved much, so why's this?
70001 has status D on tops which means it is awaiting repair work
Also it's in the DHLT pool which means it is surplus to their fleet and not in use

class 9

I know Freightliner’s Leeds depot is almost entirely populated by class 66 and 70 locos, but I was under the impression that there’s also a Class 56 there as a ‘super shunter’. Is that correct, and does it mostly stay on the depot or is it usually seen in the sidings where they store the stock alongside the Leeds-Wakefield line?

Is there anything else interesting to be seen there (from public roads/paths obviously!)?
There was a plan to hire a 56 from UKRL a few years ago, but when the coal traffic literally fell off a cliff in 2015 the plan was shelved.

Suraggu

70001 has status D on tops which means it is awaiting repair work
Also it's in the DHLT pool which means it is surplus to their fleet and not in use

Just because its in the DHLT pool does not mean its surplus to fleet requirements. Its purely awaiting repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.