• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Clapham to Milton Keynes service now terminating at Watford on Saturdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art1983

Hi, just wondered if anyone knew why GTR don't come up to Milton Keynes at weekends anymore, it used to be the case on Sundays but now seemingly Saturdays too they spin at Watford? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Art1983

That's fair enough cheers, is always a handy service for me but no issues changing and heading to P10 @ Watford

Class 170101

Established Member
It will also depend on NR maintenance strategy between Shepherds Bush and Milton Keynes. Whilst there are fast and slow lines between Willesden and Milton Keynes there are only two tracks south of Willesden. Looking at the Strategy NR do block the route on some Sundays in such a way as to make a through service to Milton Keynes impossible.

Art1983

It will also depend on NR maintenance strategy between Shepherds Bush and Milton Keynes. Whilst there are fast and slow lines between Willesden and Milton Keynes there are only two tracks south of Willesden. Looking at the Strategy NR do block the route on some Sundays in such a way as to make a through service to Milton Keynes impossible.
Not fussed about Sundays have been used to them starting at Watford but Saturdays has been more a new concept.

Boodiggy

i think the Southern drivers do not sign the fast lines for a short section between Willesden West London Junction and North Wembley Jn, where the West London line (Relief Lines) joins the fast lines so when the slows are blocked as part of the maintenance strategy they are cut back to Shepherds Bush. I think they still sign the fasts from North Wembley - Milton Keynes as normal.
This would only apply after 2000 when possession taken.

The Planner

Veteran Member
i think the Southern drivers do not sign the fast lines for a short section between Willesden West London Junction and North Wembley Jn, where the West London line (Relief Lines) joins the fast lines so when the slows are blocked as part of the maintenance strategy they are cut back to Shepherds Bush. I think they still sign the fasts from North Wembley - Milton Keynes as normal.
Correct.

physics34

Established Member
Hi, just wondered if anyone knew why GTR don't come up to Milton Keynes at weekends anymore, it used to be the case on Sundays but now seemingly Saturdays too they spin at Watford? Thanks.
Id say its due to staffing issues due to COVID. its becoming difficult because of social distancing rules to train drivers up on the route or find ways to have them refresh the route.

A few still do but not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.