• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guards Role Interview Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich.16

I definitely will do. Heard they are only taking on one! Put me through all the assessments within a week!
Awww nice!! How did you find the assessments? When I was there it was 6 of us for final one and 3 got interviewed. Dunno how many they were looking for. Just make sure you got answers for all the star questions. As there's alot of them lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jacob Didcote

Awww nice!! How did you find the assessments? When I was there it was 6 of us for final one and 3 got interviewed. Dunno how many they were looking for. Just make sure you got answers for all the star questions. As there's alot of them lol
The assessments were quite straight forward thought. There were a few questions that I thought I had messed up on but obviously didn't do as bad as I thought! I've been told they are experience based questions. E.g. when you were in a volatile situation, when you've helped someone and what do you think the role is about. Used STAR quite a lot in the past so hopefully it won't be too difficult. What sort of questions did they ask if you don't mind me asking? :)

Rich.16

The assessments were quite straight forward thought. There were a few questions that I thought I had messed up on but obviously didn't do as bad as I thought! I've been told they are experience based questions. E.g. when you were in a volatile situation, when you've helped someone and what do you think the role is about. Used STAR quite a lot in the past so hopefully it won't be too difficult. What sort of questions did they ask if you don't mind me asking? :)
Yh i was the same lol was surprised when i got the email to say i had passed lol yes they are all pretty much experience based and some about the job role and the company so just do some research about the station and the company. awww if you have used star before then you will be fine :D the questions i got were how did you deal with this situation and when have you do this sort of job role ect... but the people that did my interview were really nice and make it more of a chat than a exam as such so its nice when they know how ur feeling.

Jacob Didcote

Yh i was the same lol was surprised when i got the email to say i had passed lol yes they are all pretty much experience based and some about the job role and the company so just do some research about the station and the company. awww if you have used star before then you will be fine :D the questions i got were how did you deal with this situation and when have you do this sort of job role ect... but the people that did my interview were really nice and make it more of a chat than a exam as such so its nice when they know how ur feeling.
Ah brilliant! Thanks for the heads up Rich! I'll definitely do plenty of research. Luckily i already know the routes and traction the depot signs. I think i should be okay but will definitely let you know how it goes!

Rich.16

Ah brilliant! Thanks for the heads up Rich! I'll definitely do plenty of research. Luckily i already know the routes and traction the depot signs. I think i should be okay but will definitely let you know how it goes!
Awww fair enough mate! If you know that sort of thing ul be fine. I'm completely new to the rails so don't know anything really. So when the time comes il have alot to learn! Good luck speak soon bud!

Jacob Didcote

Awww fair enough mate! If you know that sort of thing ul be fine. I'm completely new to the rails so don't know anything really. So when the time comes il have alot to learn! Good luck speak soon bud!
Hi Rich,
Had my interview yesterday, I feel like it went well. Also I feel like I could've done better on some questions but I did what I could. I'll find out on Friday whether i got it or not. Taking on 1 person and potentially putting a couple people in a talent pool. Only time will tell!

Rich.16

Hi.
Awww if you did your best thats all that matters mate! I felt the same on some questions but still managed to get a good mark.
Did you find out today anything?
Oooo ok so positive news about the talent pool!!
Fingers crossed.

Jacob Didcote

Hi.
Awww if you did your best thats all that matters mate! I felt the same on some questions but still managed to get a good mark.
Did you find out today anything?
Oooo ok so positive news about the talent pool!!
Fingers crossed.
I didn't hear anything on Friday purely because they had interviews Friday aswell!

Rich.16

Hi Jacob.

Hope your well, any news yet mate? I see there's people being put onto train driving courses so that's positive that things are moving.

Jacob Didcote

Hi Jacob.

Hope your well, any news yet mate? I see there's people being put onto train driving courses so that's positive that things are moving.
Hi Rich,
I am well, yourself? I managed to get in the Talent Pool! Forgot to mention it last week haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.