• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Henbury and Portbury - 29 Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
On Saturday 29 Sept special trains, scheduled for a Class 150/2 will be running, free of charge to Henbury and Portbury, lines normally only served by freight services, as part of the Community Rail Festival.

Provisional schedules are:

2Z50
Bristol Temple Meads plat 15 - 09.05
Portbury Dock Stop Board - 09RM37 09OP50
Bristol Temple Meads plat 8 - 10.18

2Z51
Bristol Temple Meads plat 8 - 11.08
Filton West Junction - 11/17
St Andrews Junction - 11/36½
Bristol Temple Meads plat 8 - 12.04

2Z52
Bristol Temple Meads plat 8 - 12.09
Portbury Dock Stop Board - 12RM38 12OP43
Bristol Temple Meads (Up Through) - 13/13
Filton West Junction - 13/22
St Andrews Junction - 13/37½
Temple Meads plat 8 - 14.03

2Z53
Bristol Temple Meads plat 5 - 15.12
Filton West Junction - 15/21
St Andrews Junction - 15/36½
Bristol Temple Meads plat 12 - 16.03

2Z54
Bristol Temple Meads plat 12 - 16.08
Portbury Dock Stop Board - 16RM38 16OP43
Bristol Temple Meads platform 6 - 17.14
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry I forgot to add that a (free) ticket is required from http://www.fgwevents.co.uk/communityrailfestival/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
Noted with thanks.
Complimentary fares are too good to miss.
I plan to be there as both lines are on my list "to do".

Class 33

Established Member
Sounds good. I did the Henbury loop during the Summer 2004 Filton Bank diversions. But not ever done the Portishead line. Would love to do this trip. But unfortunately I can't make it that day. Hope they do another such trip in the near future, before these lines are re-opened for normal services.

Old Shire

Thanks for the post and l have applied for tickets. Studying the normal timetable for the Severn Beach Line it would appear that the special train would have to pass the service train to Severn Beach at Avonmouth.If this is the case then two trains at Avonmouth at the same time would be rare. Or have I got it wrong and there is another passing place.

Last edited:

Sabre999uk

Hi,
Just a quick question, when you request tickets do you only get a 'your message has been submitted' message on screen or do you also get a email?

Thanks
Steve

Sabre999uk

cheers, just making sure I hadn't missed a email, been having problems with emails arriving corrupt lately.

Steve

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks for the post and l have applied for tickets. Studying the normal timetable for the Severn Beach Line it would appear that the special train would have to pass the service train to Severn Beach at Avonmouth.If this is the case then two trains at Avonmouth at the same time would be rare. Or have I got it wrong and there is another passing place.
The line is double tracked between Avonmouth Dock Level Crossing and a point just north of Avonmouth, and a passing loop exists at Clifton Down. On weekday mornings trains pass in the double track section at Avonmouth, with an 07.28 departure to Temple Meads and an 07.30 departure to Severn Beach. For the rest of the day the two trains pass at Clifton Down, with a morning service scheduled to pass on the 'main line' around Stapleton Road.

sonic2009

Established Member
I have ordered 5 tickets for the 1209 departure, if anyone is interested in a spare one, drop us a PM.

cambsy

On Moderation
I have booked on 2 trips, 12.09 and 16.08, should be very good day out

trc666

I put myself down for the 12:09 as it does Portbury as well as non-stop through Bristol Temple Meads via the Up Through road.

Sabre999uk

Hi,
Got a email from FGW today saying the 1108 & 1209 both fully booked. :(
Edit: In fact all tickets are allocated according to the website.
Steve

Last edited:

cambsy

On Moderation
Have ticket on 16.09 to Portishead, should be good trip, anyone else on it?

Sabre999uk

Had another email from FGW:
"I'm delighted to confirm that we've secured an extra carriage for the charter trip along the Portbury Branch, you have therefore been successful in your bid for tickets on the 11.08 service from Bristol Temple Meads along the Portbury Branch, departing from Platform 8.

Your tickets will be posted to you within the next 7 days, if you have not received these by Friday 14 September, please contact me on the below details. "

:D

Steve

snakebite91

Hi,

I have just booked on the 09:05 depature and the 11:08 departure for 4 of us. Would I be ok or should I book on the 16:08 aswell just incase I don't get on the 11:08?

Any help much appreciated,

Dan.

CC 72100

Established Member
Had another email from FGW:
"I'm delighted to confirm that we've secured an extra carriage for the charter trip along the Portbury Branch, you have therefore been successful in your bid for tickets on the 11.08 service from Bristol Temple Meads along the Portbury Branch, departing from Platform 8.

Your tickets will be posted to you within the next 7 days, if you have not received these by Friday 14 September, please contact me on the below details. "

:D

Steve

Was hoping to get an email like that myself but nothing. :( Sounds like a good day though for those who have got tickets :)

snakebite91

Had to contact FGW through their Facebook page, asking if there were any tickets left and if they had heard owt about my booking for the 09:05 and 11:08, and the woman said she hadn't had my booking come through.

So I gave her my email and she had said which tickets were available which she quoted 'I'm afraid all the tickets for the 11.08 and 12.09 trains have all gone. I do have a couple of seats available on the 09.05 and 16.08 service.'

So I asked her to book 4 seats for me and my friends on the 09:05 departure and have them posted to my address. So I'm happy with that! :D

Sabre999uk

Update from FGW just landed in my email:
"Dear all

The tickets for the Community Rail Festival special charter trains have been received in the First Great Western office today. These tickets will be sent out in todays and tomorrows post.

Just to remind you, all the trains will depart from Platform 8 on Saturday 29 September.

Many thanks for your patience."

Steve

Temple Meads

Established Member
Update from FGW just landed in my email:
"Dear all

The tickets for the Community Rail Festival special charter trains have been received in the First Great Western office today. These tickets will be sent out in todays and tomorrows post.

Just to remind you, all the trains will depart from Platform 8 on Saturday 29 September.

Many thanks for your patience."

Steve

I got the same email, can't help looking forward to seeing what the tickets look like!

Sabre999uk

Hi,
Received letter this morning addressed to a totally different name and only 1 ticket, just going to email FGW and see what they say. Meanwhile is there a Chris Hankin on the forum?

Steve
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Reply to my email to FGW:
"It would appear there have been a number of issues with the tickets for the First Great Western Community Rail trains. Unfortunately when the data was transposed from the on line registration some of the information has been incorrectly recorded including the number of tickets you originally requested. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience,

I can assure you that the number of tickets you originally requested will be honoured on the day. The tickets that you have received will get you through the gateline at Bristol Temple Meads on Saturday 29 September. Once you get to the station either myself or a colleague will be more than happy to take your details and make sure you get the correct number of seats on the correct train.

Once again I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I look forward to seeing you on the 29th September."

Steve

Old Shire

This is turning into a bit of a PR disaster. Firstly, only 3 of the trains are going to Portbury,the other 2 are going via the Henbury Loop.(Still interesting though).Secondly, l wonder how many tickets have been wrongly issued? If you were only issued with
1 ticket and ordered 2, how do 2 people get through the gateline with 1 ticket? Still if you do get stuck in a queue waiting to have your tickets sorted then you may be entertained by the Leeds United fans who will be in the city that day.Still haven't got my tickets yet.Will be mugging the postman tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.