• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long are Avanti taking to process delay repay claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
The Avanti delay repay process clearly is not automated. I have recently claimed on a simple one leg journey on an Advance ticket. The service ran 1 hour 45 minutes late. Get my delay repay claim has not been processed yet so it's clearly waiting for a human to authorise it.

How long are Avanti taking to process delay repay claims?​

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sot

The Avanti delay repay process clearly is not automated. I have recently claimed on a simple one leg journey on an Advance ticket. The service ran 1 hour 45 minutes late. Get my delay repay claim has not been processed yet so it's clearly waiting for a human to authorise it.

How long are Avanti taking to process delay repay claims?​

I think they have some semi-automated processing, I've had some done very quickly, usually for easily verifiable short journeys with small delays.

They seem from my experience to put higher value claims through a more rigourous checking process.

I understand they want the claims to be open and closed cases, but what I do despise is denied claims where the only appeal process from the website is to put it in again (say it again but louder) with no opportunity to explain your point why you think they are wrong.

There also seems to be claims refused due to lack of effort to check out the particulars - I buy a ticket from the same group, but slightly longer than required both ends, no pricing difference. I have had two claims denied on these tickets:
One was stated ticket not valid for journey (it is)
One was stated can't find the journey you made (it was the journey supplied by their automated journey finder)

Recently I've had responses within the week. With exception to this weekends antics on the WCML Avanti have not been too bad with delays or cancellations so maybe they have pulled some staff into other departments/TOCs (looking at you TPE) in the mean time?

If it has been over the weekend hold tight...

alistairlees

Established Member
I appplied on Saturday night and had it approved on Tuesday in the day time. So pretty good.

jfollows

Established Member
My last were for out/back journeys on Thursday 9 February, the money reached my bank account on Wednesday 15 & Thursday 16 February. Using Avanti's "automatic" delay repay with bookings through its Web site. So about a week, anyway. £36.20 and £18.65 so probably not "high value".

Status
Not open for further replies.