• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to avoid the airport public transport tax surcharges.

neilmc

BUDAPEST AIRPORT - BUDAPEST CENTRE

The direct bus number 100E costs 1500HUF (about £3.30)

However if you catch bus 200E from the airport to Kobanya-Kispest interchange then catch the metro each section costs 350HUF plus if you buy city travelcards at the airport they are valid on the 200E/metro but not on the 100E, and the metro may well take you closer to where you want to go.

The 200E will also take you to the airport railway station and you can get a train to Nyugati station if this is convenient or you are connecting to somewhere else from there by train, this train fare depends on the type of train you catch but I think you can use a travelcard again. Last time we were in Hungary we came in from the east (Szolnok) directly to the airport station without traversing Budapest at all.

Having said that I don't really consider 1500HUF an onerous fare compared to the UK ripoffs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic

Established Member
Yes i suppose technically some of them are not taxes or surcharges. It is just a case of public transport companies profiteering as they know that they can get away with charging more for airport services. But i just did not know what other term to use.
No it's a case of making some of the richest people in society pay the full cost of their transport, not clear why tax payers should subsidise people travelling to and from airports.