• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I Have a point to make with SWT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Silly SWT for speccing everything to work with just a carriage key.

Established Member
Its not that i think youll find the gaurds dont shut them proplery ive had several ive closed on the way up to my dads

Coxster

Established Member
Not sure "discriminating" is the right word to describe it though.

Ascot

Established Member
:lol: and it's not SWTs fault its a T-Key job is it now? Could be a traction key? EVen more of a silly idea

Established Member
Thats classic I would love to do that! Hear me Now Hear me Now!

Its not that i think youll find the gaurds dont shut them proplery ive had several ive closed on the way up to my dads

Silly SWT for speccing everything to work with just a carriage key.

:lol: and it's not SWTs fault its a T-Key job is it now? Could be a traction key? EVen more of a silly idea

t key on dessies, the c.o.p panel sometimes very hard to shut and open.

Well yes but I wouldn't know where to put it a DES door panel looks like any other door panel!:profiler:

AlexS

Established Member

I'd just leave em alone or tell the guard meself - only need an overzealous plod to find yourself with a nasty situation on your hands, 'my dad's a driver' probably wouldn't get you out of.

Respite

It took those dicks long enough to realise You have to press the button on top of the handset really!

Although I can play my Ipod through a 175's on train speakers when I'm prepping the unit in the yard. But I wouldnt do that now would I..............:glasses2:

Established Member
It took those dicks long enough to realise You have to press the button on top of the handset really!

Although I can play my Ipod through a 175's on train speakers when I'm prepping the unit in the yard. But I wouldnt do that now would I..............:glasses2:

Quite right!

Respite

Oh & also forgot to say but If those wierd southern electric trolley bus type trains are the same as our diesel stuff then won't the whole thing be captured on the CCTV in the vestibule?

Kris

Nope - no CCTV in the vestibules. DOH! Siemens.

Thats why you see graffiti in the vestibules and bogs.

Music on the phone sounds great on the P.A. :D

Oh & also forgot to say but If those wierd southern electric trolley bus type trains

How dare you! :angryfir:

They're milk floats :lol:

Death

Established Member
Hail All! <D
Well, the use of a single (And easily fabricatable) key design is bad enough...But even if you're too lazy to fabricate one, exactly the same keys are used to unlock and open shaft doors and othjer gubbins on ThyssenKrupp lifts and escalators as well...And I believe that extra keys are available without question from ThyssenKrupp as a spare part! :eek:

I've had to close several of those "control flaps" over time as well. I don't think it's so much the guards leaving them open deliberately, it's just that they need a good hard slam to get them to latch properly. Just pushing one to will often leave it looking closed, but openable without a key.

Don't forget also that this would apply to Silverlink trains as well, as they're exactly the same design, just with a pantograph and no third rail shoe! 8-)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Status
Not open for further replies.