• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is Megabus service from Leeds to Hull ended?

brad2003

Was checking the price for the morning service but Hull didn't show up on my journey planner

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Was checking the price for the morning service but Hull didn't show up on my journey planner

Looking at their site and bustimes.com, megabus don't seem to serve Hull any more (except for to the Slam Dunk festival - for that they're charging £40, 30% more than an open ticket with TPE, leaving 15 minutes before the last train from Leeds, but without the need to get back from Temple Newsam to the City Centre).

Parebunks

Yes, megabus significantly cut back and rearranged their routes at the start of the year. Nearest megabus stop is Leeds now, National Express is the only coach operator running to Hull.

JD2168

Interesting on this as Stagecoach mentioned the Megabus route from Leeds to Hull as a replacement for the X62 route which was cancelled a few years ago.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Yes, megabus significantly cut back and rearranged their routes at the start of the year. Nearest megabus stop is Leeds now, National Express is the only coach operator running to Hull.

Summarised as a daily service to Birmingham, and about 4 a day to London, 2 via Leeds. Services via Leeds are both morning services, with 2 late return journeys.

Interesting on this as Stagecoach mentioned the Megabus route from Leeds to Hull as a replacement for the X62 route which was cancelled a few years ago.

Indeed - I suspect lack of promotion and it not showing on the boards at the bus station clearly probably haven't helped. The X62 disappeared with Covid lockdowns as it was largely a leisure service and never returned.

Last edited:

JRT

As mentioned above, National Express do a Leeds–Hull through route, they are timed to connect with the ferry and run via York rather than direct (not much further, but takes 2 hours)

late evening TO Hull, two journeys
(morning FROM Hull, two journeys)

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
National Express do a Leeds–Hull through route, they are timed to connect with the ferry and run via York rather than direct

late evening TO Hull
(morning FROM Hull)

Which I mentioned in the post before yours...

Via York isn't much further than the shortest route.