• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is something weird going on with the National Rail journey planner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribblehead

Every so often I use the Journey Planner to find trains from Worcester to Carlisle. I never have a problem. But for the past few days, whenever I use the Journey Planner to look for ticket prices for this route, I'm told there are no tickets on sale (this is for any dates I've looked at from August 15th through to early September). I've then tried Trainline, but get 'sold out' for every date I look at. I've never known this route to be sold out.

Is there anything strange going on here?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BJames

Established Member
@Ribblehead as above, see this thread: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/avanti-west-coast-cancellations.233844/page-38#post-5792685

Quickest possible summary - you will want to read the thread for more detail - but Avanti are severely short-staffed to run even the most basic service so are running a substantially reduced timetable (+ currently lots of cancellations) - for this reduced timetable, fares will be released weekly on a rolling basis so do check back nearer the time of travel.

I'm not sure that two threads for this will be required so if this one is closed please do comment in the one I have linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.