• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ketech Cellia Drummond and Only Woman announcements publicly availible?

Doomotron

Since this thread has somewhat evolved from what the title asks, I thought I might as well ask here about my personal favourite announcer that I haven't seen in this thread, Acapella Rachel. She's used at some Southeastern stations and some Northern ones too, but I haven't found much information about her.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonmidland

Established Member
Since this thread has somewhat evolved from what the title asks, I thought I might as well ask here about my personal favourite announcer that I haven't seen in this thread, Acapella Rachel. She's used at some Southeastern stations and some Northern ones too, but I haven't found much information about her.
There's some good info about her here

AutoUnder

There's some good info about her here
I would not trust that wiki. A lot of the information is outdated (or just plain wrong) and the main admin is also a very dubious individual. I am currently helping to build a new wiki which is more accurate; it is far from complete but will hopefully have some more information on it soon

lokiavivson

Julie Berry is my favourite announcer. used on C2C, Chiltern, GA, GTR, Merseyrail, SE, WMT and the Piccadilly line 1973 Stock

laseandre

Established Member
I would not trust that wiki. A lot of the information is outdated (or just plain wrong) and the main admin is also a very dubious individual. I am currently helping to build a new wiki which is more accurate; it is far from complete but will hopefully have some more information on it soon
Just playing devil's advocate here - wikis are notorious for getting information wrong, especially in more niche areas like this. However - coming here and, as your first post, calling the admin of a rival wiki a "very dubious individual" doesn't really help your cause.

jamieh27

????

Julie Berry is my favourite announcer. used on C2C, Chiltern, GA, GTR, Merseyrail, SE, WMT and the Piccadilly line 1973 Stock
Shes very common now on trains.

Just playing devil's advocate here - wikis are notorious for getting information wrong, especially in more niche areas like this. However - coming here and, as your first post, calling the admin of a rival wiki a "very dubious individual" doesn't really help your cause.
Wiki isn't always accurate, people can edit whatever they want, for example someone said that stations on the Looe Valley line, St. Ives line, Atlantic Coast Line, Menheniot, Dilton Marsh, Saltash and St. Germans etc. had Micro PA Announcements they don't have announcements at those stations.

lokiavivson

????

Shes very common now on trains.

Wiki isn't always accurate, people can edit whatever they want, for example someone said that stations on the Looe Valley line, St. Ives line, Atlantic Coast Line, Menheniot, Dilton Marsh, Saltash and St. Germans etc. had Micro PA Announcements they don't have announcements at those stations.
shame that the new 2024 Stock will have TTS

AutoUnder

Fair enough, I can see how it looks like that. I was only made aware of this thread last night and I've never bothered making a Railfourms account as I do most of my interaction with people in this subject over Discord. For personal reasons, I just don't want to see his work promoted to anybody and I'm sure many others on here will agree with that. Anyway it doesn't matter now, I've said what I wanted to say

jamieh27

Fair enough, I can see how it looks like that. I was only made aware of this thread last night and I've never bothered making a Railfourms account as I do most of my interaction with people in this subject over Discord. For personal reasons, I just don't want to see his work promoted to anybody and I'm sure many others on here will agree with that. Anyway it doesn't matter now, I've said what I wanted to say
I suppose Railforums are mostly reliable source as some people here may have connections to the rail or know station staff or drivers etc.

MrJeeves

Established Member
I suppose Railforums are mostly reliable source as some people here may have connections to the rail or know station staff or drivers etc.
Often, yes, but sometimes no. Memories fade, people remember things wrong, and some people just make stuff up.

Either way, part of how we're improving our wiki is making it so not any random person can edit pages.

starlight73

Unsure if this new voice on the 2024 stock is TTS or not.
The announcements on the new Piccadilly line stock are computer-generated according to this FOI. I remember reading somewhere that they were generated from lots of recordings of a human voice actor but the sounds are assembled by computer (can’t remember where I read that!)

Digital voice announcements on the new ‘24 Tube Stock’ fleet for the
Piccadilly line will use an artificial/synthetic voice called ‘Elloise’, we will not be using any existing announcements from Julie Berry or Adrian Hieatt.