• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kings Cross, Euston, - all empty platforms? Photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightatLaira

Has there ever been a time recently when a major station has been completely emptied of trains for whatever reason?

Normally major stations like Kings Cross or Euston are stuffed full of stock with very few platforms lying spare for very long.

Does anyone know of any photos like this - with all the platforms empty of trains? Does this ever happen in the early hours of the morning i.e. between 2- 4 am?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Does this ever happen in the early hours of the morning i.e. between 2- 4 am?

I wouldn't have thought so as most terminus stations have stock stabled in platforms overnight for use on the early morning services outwards.

The only time I would think that stations like Euston or Kings Cross are completely empty would be if there was an engineering blockade on the station so it wasn't in use at all. No idea if that's ever happened.

EM2

Established Member
I have some shots of St Pancras completely empty on a Christmas Day.

And I have seen 1-8 at King's Cross empty very early on a Sunday morning.

Last edited:

jamesontheroad

Established Member
I recall seeing GLC empty from 1-10 not that long ago. It wasn't particularly early or late, it was just one of those chance moments during the day after a sudden rush of departures. I presume it's empty at night as well?

route101

Established Member
I recall seeing GLC empty from 1-10 not that long ago. It wasn't particularly early or late, it was just one of those chance moments during the day after a sudden rush of departures. I presume it's empty at night as well?

You get that esp if there is engineering works . Empty on 1 to 5 anyway.

Flamingo

Established Member
I used to have one of Pad on a Sunday morning, when something had gone wrong, everything had gone out and nothing was coming in. Lineside fire, I seem to recall.

I'll try to find it, it's on the other PC.

MadCommuter

I saw this during the snow last December. Nothing was moving, except services to Neilston and a shuttle to Motherwell. After each had departed, there was nothing to be seen, except many weary commuters!

Status
Not open for further replies.