• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Krakow Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

72C

Please ,can anybody advise on the railservice between the airport and Krakow city centre. Any thoughts or guidance appreciated. Flying on Friday. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

I have used the service before. The train leaves about 200m from the terminal and there is a free shuttle bus to take you to the train or you can walk.

Lots of useful information here http://www.krakowairport.pl/en/3/176/35 If you have any additional specific questions, I may be able to answer them.

Last edited:

Gareth

Established Member
The train's fairly frequent. I think it's about every 10 minutes or so, maybe 15. It takes a similar amount of time to get into the centre. It's easily walkable from the terminal so I wouldn't bother seeking out which bus to get for the small distance involved.

Wolfie

Established Member
There is also a bus service directly to the city centre which is cheaper and has the benefit of showing you more of the city.

72C

Thanks everybody for your responses Unfortunately, my Polish is very limited. Does anybody have experience of level of English spoken/used?
Thanks

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Better amongst the young - not so with the elder generation. Always managed - though if you know German , not reccomended with the elders (for obvious reasons) .......

Veteran Member
Was in Krakow a couple of years ago. All the tourist stuff can be done without Polish. The Airport train should be no problem, but not so sure about trams and other regional trains (certainly away from Krakow the staff are not always young or English-speakers).

Zamracene749

If you have time out for a long train ride ride from Krakow this weekend, I can recommend the run to or from Zakopane as being one of Poland's nicer(if a bit indirect) journeys

72C

Thanks to all for for assistance. A very pleasant trip that passed off with a problem. Track leaving Krakow Airport a bit on the rough side!!

class26

Thanks to all for for assistance. A very pleasant trip that passed off with a problem. Track leaving Krakow Airport a bit on the rough side!!

Its due to be done up very soon though. At the moment once the train leaves the main line its little more than a long siding hence the very low speed and bumpy ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.