• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds Bradford Airport services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyh82

Established Member
As is already known Transdev is taking over the Leeds Bradford Airport services 737, 747 & 757 from September. These are the routes that Yorkshire Tiger currently run under the ‘Flying Tiger’ brand.

In a unexpected development, when the 757 restarts at the end of the month, it will be run for two months by CT Plus, so Tiger will not be seeing out the rest of the contract

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

darloscott

No, it's a contract tendered by WY Metro on behalf of the Airport.
Transdev take over all three routes on 30 August.

noddingdonkey

I was interested to see that these services now appear on Real Time Trains for Leeds, nominally as XC services.

skyhigh

Established Member
I was interested to see that these services now appear on Real Time Trains for Leeds, nominally as XC services.
I can't remember exactly how long, but they've been shown on there for a while. There's no publicity for them at the station though.

Swimbar

As is already known Transdev is taking over the Leeds Bradford Airport services 737, 747 & 757 from September. These are the routes that Yorkshire Tiger currently run under the ‘Flying Tiger’ brand.

In a unexpected development, when the 757 restarts at the end of the month, it will be run for two months by CT Plus, so Tiger will not be seeing out the rest of the contract

Why would Tiger keep the 737 and 747 until the end of the contract but not the 757? Too much dead mileage?

Last edited:

Andyh82

Established Member
The 757 relies on airport passengers much more, hence why it’s been completely suspended in recent months

The 737 & 747 are pretty much local services that just happen to serve the airport.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I can't remember exactly how long, but they've been shown on there for a while. There's no publicity for them at the station though.

They've appeared on the destination boards at Leeds for some time (though I've not been able to check this for a few months). I think it just says "BUS" rather than 757 though.

Harvey10

Yeah I’ve heard the branded E200MMCs are to transfer to Arriva Durham for a new contract there

johntea

Established Member
They've appeared on the destination boards at Leeds for some time (though I've not been able to check this for a few months). I think it just says "BUS" rather than 757 though.

I think when I went to Amsterdam just before lockdown the times shown on the rail departures were completely incorrect compared to the actual timetable of them pulling up outside Leeds Station!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I think when I went to Amsterdam just before lockdown the times shown on the rail departures were completely incorrect compared to the actual timetable of them pulling up outside Leeds Station!

Tbf, I didn't say they were correct!

(I've never caught the 757 from Leeds station, but have spotted them on the information boards - if going to LBA, I'm (slightly) quicker going from home.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member

I once suggested to Network Rail that Leeds could do with a bus timetable rack (as both Huddersfield and Bristol Temple Meads has some) where bus times for the services serving the railway station such as the 4, 5, 16, 27, 28, Dalesbus and Airport services could be picked up. I did get a reply and hopefully we'll see a small selection of bus timetables being available soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.