• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Train Driver - Doncaster (26/06/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adzlib

Thanks for the post.

Regarding lner does anyone know what makes their psychometric enhanced?

As in is it just purely pass marks or do They require you to pass extra tests as I know that can make it enhanced

Cheers

slinkyjinx

It paper tests are enhanced only! I’ve recently done mine and asked the question. The computer tests are just standard score.

It paper tests are enhanced only! I’ve recently done mine and asked the question. The computer tests are just standard score.
Thanks for the post.

Regarding lner does anyone know what makes their psychometric enhanced?

As in is it just purely pass marks or do They require you to pass extra tests as I know that can make it enhanced

Cheers
It’s just an enhanced score, higher. I don’t believe there are any extra tests.

Bubba

Ive applied for this and passed the initial assessments upon application. Ive passed another one today and have a further one to do, which I will need to do later from the peace and quiet of home.

From where I live, I can get to Doncaster in just under an hour (during off peak times). Will they have already looked at my location situation?

slinkyjinx

Ive applied for this and passed the initial assessments upon application. Ive passed another one today and have a further one to do, which I will need to do later from the peace and quiet of home.

From where I live, I can get to Doncaster in just under an hour (during off peak times). Will they have already looked at my location situation?
There is usually 3 online assessments:

1: situational judgement test
2: error checking
3: verbal reasoning.

Each assessment, once passed you go onto the next section.

Video pre recorded interview is the next one. All questions are based around example questions.

1: why do you want to be an apprentice driver and what skills and qualities can you bring?

2: when was it important to follow and rule and why?

3: how do you maintain concentration when working alone or repetitive tasks

4: give us a time when you’ve dealt with a high pressure situation

5: when have you had to communicate a difficult message to an individual or group

6: give us as example of great customer service

Just a tip, LNER are really hot on alertness at the moment. Managing fatigue. So do lots of research as this will help in both video interview and interview with DTM.

There is usually 3 online assessments:

1: situational judgement test
2: error checking
3: verbal reasoning.

Each assessment, once passed you go onto the next section.

Video pre recorded interview is the next one. All questions are based around example questions.

1: why do you want to be an apprentice driver and what skills and qualities can you bring?

2: when was it important to follow and rule and why?

3: how do you maintain concentration when working alone or repetitive tasks

4: give us a time when you’ve dealt with a high pressure situation

5: when have you had to communicate a difficult message to an individual or group

6: give us as example of great customer service

Just a tip, LNER are really hot on alertness at the moment. Managing fatigue. So do lots of research as this will help in both video interview and interview with DTM.
Sorry forgot to mention - I’m not sure how the base the 1 hour rule in regards to off peak basis. They will probably look at this before invited you to an interview.

Bubba

Thanks for your reply. Doesnt matter now...I failed the verbal reasoning :s:lol:

I wouldnt say it was hard...more confusing. Trying to determine the difference between false or cant tell. It sounds simple enough but unfortunately wasnt.

slinkyjinx

Thanks for your reply. Doesnt matter now...I failed the verbal reasoning :s:lol:

I wouldnt say it was hard...more confusing. Trying to determine the difference between false or cant tell. It sounds simple enough but unfortunately wasnt.
You might be able to apply again with a different email?
True - this statement is in black and white
False - it would have the statement mention in the txt but using a different word? For example - the lion was named Jeff- in the answer it says “the lion is named Charles. That means it’s false

Cannot say - there’s no real evidence to say if it’s true or false. Hope this helps!

BBT

Were all the assemsney delivered at the same time? I applied last night and I've only done one round of assessment. The situationla judgement test were you pick the answer you would do the most and the answer you would least likely pick. I finished that. Do I have to wait for them to assess the results before I potentially progress to the next assessment?

slinkyjinx

I wonder if I failed the first one then? It didn't say I had. And when I log in it says application submitted not failed or withdrawn etc.
Maybe wait for an email, give it a day! Might need checking in more detail with it being a sjt, going off behaviours etc

Bubba

Were all the assemsney delivered at the same time? I applied last night and I've only done one round of assessment. The situationla judgement test were you pick the answer you would do the most and the answer you would least likely pick. I finished that. Do I have to wait for them to assess the results before I potentially progress to the next assessment?
I applied Wednesday and did the initial tests. And then got invited to do the further tests yesterday. So dont panic yet...hopefully today or Monday you will receive the invite.

user1610

Can I ask how you know you’ve failed it, once you had done it did it automatically tell you?

ST156

Anyone know whether Drivers at LNER strictly work a variety of shifts based on a rota, or are there arrangements within each Driver Depot to allow semi-regular shift patterns.

Appreciate the latter can't be guaranteed and might vary by Depot, but I wondered if working the rota in full is the norm or otherwise?

Last edited:

slinkyjinx

Anyone know whether Drivers at LNER strictly work a variety of shifts based on a rota, or are there arrangements within each Driver Depot to allow semi-regular shift patterns.

Appreciate the latter can't be guaranteed and might vary by Depot, but I wondered if working the rota in full is the norm or otherwise?
It’s a mixed roster, early mornings, mids, lates and nights. Especially at Doncaster as right next to hitachi depot

It’s a mixed roster, early mornings, mids, lates and nights. Especially at Doncaster as right next to hitachi depot
Usually it’s based on a 12 line roster…