• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER delay repay questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

A S

My train from London Kings Cross was delayed yesterday for almost an hour, which later resulted in a missed Scotrail connection. When I look at my LNER account, I don’t see this train journey as eligible for one click delay repay. How can I be compensated for this delayed journey using one click delay repay?
When I look at the manual form for delay repay, the only compensation options are bank transfer, rail travel voucher, or charity donation. How can I be refunded via PayPal or the credit card used to purchase the ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You need to make a manual claim through the LNER website:

PayPal is an option for payment.

A S

You need to make a manual claim through the LNER website:

PayPal is an option for payment.
Thanks for the reply. The LNER app didn’t have the PayPal option, but the LNER website did. However, after selecting PayPal and clicking login with PayPal, it only gives an error message, so it looks like PayPal still isn’t an option for compensation.
I still don’t understand why one click delay repay isn’t an option for me. I will need to submit multiple claims for family members and LNER staff will need more time to spend reviewing manual claims.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thanks for the reply. The LNER app didn’t have the PayPal option, but the LNER website did. However, after selecting PayPal and clicking login with PayPal, it only gives an error message, so it looks like PayPal still isn’t an option for compensation.
I still don’t understand why one click delay repay isn’t an option for me. I will need to submit multiple claims for family members and LNER staff will need more time to spend reviewing manual claims.
One click Delay Repay is only available if your entire journey was booked to be on one LNER train. It's almost impossible for them to know whether and by how long you were delayed in any other case, hence why a manual claim is necessary.

greyman42

Established Member
My train from London Kings Cross was delayed yesterday for almost an hour, which later resulted in a missed Scotrail connection. When I look at my LNER account, I don’t see this train journey as eligible for one click delay repay. How can I be compensated for this delayed journey using one click delay repay?
When I look at the manual form for delay repay, the only compensation options are bank transfer, rail travel voucher, or charity donation. How can I be refunded via PayPal or the credit card used to purchase the ticket?
The last two claims i have made have both been awarded in vouchers when i requested bank transfer.

I put in three claims on 8th May, because there were 3 people travelling (I don't know why they don't let you do one claim per booking rather than having to do a separate one for each ticket). I asked for bank transfer for two of them and payment to charity for the third. One was approved almost immediately (although I haven't checked whether the money has actually arrived in my bank account), but the others weren't, presumably because it's flagged for a human to check if there is more than one claim from the same e-mail address in quick succession.

I've now received a an e-mail saying that a PayPal payment for an amount matching the total of the other two claims has been raised. I don't have an active PayPal account, though (I think I did set one up once, but it got blocked for some reason and I've never had cause to revive it, and in any case LNER won't have the details). Is it likely that a) someone has just picked the wrong e-mail template and it's actually been sent via BACS, b) they will attempt payment by PayPal, find it doesn't work and send it via BACS (or even BACS plus charity donation) without my having to intervene, or c) I need to contact them to point out the error?

(Oddly the amount by which the train is said to have been delayed is several minutes greater in their latest e-mail than their previous one -- the previous one being correct -- although it doesn't affect the delay repay amount).

Status
Not open for further replies.