• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loco Hauled Bashing stories 1980s/90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Do you have any memorable, amusing or odd bashing stories of 1980s & 1990s Loco Hauled?

e.g. a loco continually turning up on a diagram or a rare sort after loco turning up where least expected.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
45122 always turning up on supposed Class 47 turns, the Newcastle - Poole or Newcastle - Liverpool turns, used to drive me crackers, I hated Peaks with a passion.
Not a rare working but I was starting a weeks Northumbrian ranger, I got to Central Station, went to Smiths for a magazine, probably Rail Enthusiast, I came out and the Poole train had pulled in, I hadn't seen the loco, so I walked down the platform to see what was on, I nearly **** bricks, there in it's resplendant Brunswick Green was 47484 Isambard Kingdom Brunel, needless to say I took it to York.

tinsley

one working i always remember was taking 50023 ex works out of doncaster from sheffield to derby on the edinburgh to plymouth service. the hoover replaced the loco from edinburgh at york . on arrival at derby it was a tight connection onto the 08.20 from plymouth to leeds which was usually a peak turn . immagine our delight when a class 37 brought the service into derby . even better the loco was 37303 of landare shed complete with a nice coating off red iron ore dust we jumped on and took the train back to sheffield . where on arrival the first two coaches going forward to leeds were full off bashers
happy days

The Big Boo

one working i always remember was taking 50023 ex works out of doncaster from sheffield to derby on the edinburgh to plymouth service. the hoover replaced the loco from edinburgh at york . on arrival at derby it was a tight connection onto the 08.20 from plymouth to leeds which was usually a peak turn . immagine our delight when a class 37 brought the service into derby . even better the loco was 37303 of landare shed complete with a nice coating off red iron ore dust we jumped on and took the train back to sheffield . where on arrival the first two coaches going forward to leeds were full off bashers
happy days

Yep, that was always the "Hoover going home" from Donny works back to the South West.

Status
Not open for further replies.