• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London DLR from Stratford to Limehouse disused??

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoo1

There is a single line which branches off just after you leave stratford heading towards Bow Church. Anyone know if this is still being used??
Also interesting that there is only a single track between Stratford and Bow Church stations, considering the amount of trains, particulary at rush hour.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is a single line which branches off just after you leave stratford heading towards Bow Church. Anyone know if this is still being used??

Are you talking about an electrified NR line? If so, that could be the line between Bow Junction and Gas Factory Junction which I've seen used where there is a blockage between Barking and Gas Factory Junction (trains going through Woodgrange Park, Stratford and then back to Fenchurch Street.

Don't know of its current status though.

choochoo1

Are you talking about an electrified NR line? If so, that could be the line between Bow Junction and Gas Factory Junction which I've seen used where there is a blockage between Barking and Gas Factory Junction (trains going through Woodgrange Park, Stratford and then back to Fenchurch Street.

Don't know of its current status though.

No, it's not electrified, which puzzled me?!!
The track does filter off from the Docklands track leaving stratford station

CCF23

The line certainly was electrified as around two years ago i was on a 357 to Fenchurch Street, which like Mojo said went via Woodgrange Park and Stratford before rejoining the usual line at Gas Factory Junction. The DLR line from Stratford is single track although the new terminus now has two platforms increasing capacity, plus trains pass each other using the passing loop at Pudding Mill Lane. Chris

choochoo1

The line certainly was electrified as around two years ago i was on a 357 to Fenchurch Street, which like Mojo said went via Woodgrange Park and Stratford before rejoining the usual line at Gas Factory Junction. The DLR line from Stratford is single track although the new terminus now has two platforms increasing capacity, plus trains pass each other using the passing loop at Pudding Mill Lane. Chris

ah think I have found something here. This is the route

Fenchurch Street - Limehouse - Gas Factory Jn - Bow Jn - Stratford - Ilford - Gidea Park - Shenfield - Wickford - Southend Victoria

Disused North London Railway I think
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
also found this DLR video on youtube........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPrEzW9Lzk&feature=related

3 mins 5 seconds through, you can see the line coming in on the right after you leave Bow Church DLR. This was Dec 2007. In March 2007 this right hand line was still electrified

Status
Not open for further replies.