• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost Oyster at Liverpool Street and Prosecuted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manoli

Hi everyone, thanks for all your advice on this thread. I received a letter yesterday from the Compliance Unit to tell me that they had reviewed my case and decided that I did have a valid Oyster card for the journey so no further action is being taken. It's a HUGE relief and now I can just concentrate on my uni exams.
I really appreciate everyone's responses so far - it's been so helpful to be advised on the law around this area so that I had some idea of the possible outcomes. Thanks all.

Hi Captain Pants,

I am glad all turned out well!
I had a very similar situation back in June and it happened on Liverpool Street too. I lost my annual oyster card (commuter club) while on the train. When I got out off, I noticed my Oyster card was missing. I approached an officer standing next to the gates and I told him I have lost my Annual Oyster Card during my journey. As the Liverpool Street station is the last stop, he advised me to check all train carriages, but unfortunately, I haven’t found my Oyster card. The officer has kindly told me I will need to buy a new ticket and since my Annual ticket covers all my travels for the entire year, he explained to me how the refund system work. I left my contact details with the officer to notify me in case they would find my ticket. I wasn’t aware at any point I had made an offence!

I haven’t received anything from TFL until quite recently a letter which was actually a Result of a court case that I was found guilty for not having a valid ticket.

I will now need to attend the court. So, yes my case got a bit more complicated.

I would really appreciate your advice on this as you went through similar situation. Or if anyone else has a helpful advice….

Much appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
For reference, this message was originally posted to this thread.

Manoli, can you clarify - you didn't hear anything until after the court case? Did you give TfL your correct address? What legislation have you been prosecuted under- it should be mentioned in your recent letter - it will likely be 'Bylaws' or 'Regulation of the Railways'.

After the event did you do anything to follow the situation up? Did you get a refund on your lost ticket?

You have the option of completing a 'Statutory Declaration' at a court to say you knew nothing about the prosecution. This overturns the prosecution, although you are likely to immediately be asked to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty with the process restarting again. So what to do depends a little bit on the details of your case and the legislation you've been prosecuted under.

Status
Not open for further replies.