• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LTR - WMDR round 4, 02/12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hey all, just a bit of a placeholder thread for now, but mainly to let you all know my trip report for today's WMDR is started on Twitter. Live updates use hashtag #WMDRdec13. The full lot will also be here later :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For the Twitter-phobes, the collection of tweets from today:

En-route to Hereford for another WMDR,possibly the last of the year!Will I get my last 168 or LM 172 today?

@LondonMidland Good morning,any chance of finding out if 172337 is out today? #WMDRdec13

@LondonMidland I'll be on the 0940 from Hereford,so around 1120 at Moor Street before I get to the Snow Hill lines #WMDRdec13

@VirginTrains Make mine a coffee :p Any chance of finding out what 390 is on the 1130 from BHM? #WMDRdec13 - @Techniquest2003 Coffee it is then! 390045 today. :o) ^RM - @VirginTrains That was fast!Dud 390,what about the 1150? - @Techniquest2003 390141. :o) ^RM - @VirginTrains Clearly I'm unlucky today,dud too.Finally for now then,is 390008 coming to Birmingham today?#WMDRdec13

@LondonMidland P-p-p-p-perfect!Thank you very much indeed :D Any gen on 150105?#WMDRdec13

#WMDRdec13 Finally about to get off the bus after about 70 minutes on it.Could have been worse mind!

@chilternrailway Anyone at Chiltern able to find out for me if 168003 is coming to Birmingham today?Thanks :) #WMDRdec13

@LondonMidland Fair dos,hopefully the old fashioned way of getting winners works today!Thanks for all the help this morning :D #WMDRdec13

#WMDRdec13 Stocked up on most of the day's supplies,now to await the 0940 to BHM and a coffee shortly :)

#WMDRdec13 170513 today on the 0940 to Birmingham New Street,which'll take it to quarter-way cleared for the magical thou :D

#WMDRdec13 Nice and busy on here now!Roll on arrival at BHM!

#WMDRdec13 YES!Last LM 172 to get,172337,finally in the book! :D Thank you @LondonMidland for the gen :D

#WMDRdec13 On a trio of 158s with ATW at the moment,could do with that capacity on the Marches sometimes!

#WMDRdec13 Winner 390008 was deemed more important than the microgrice out of p5 at BHI,so on that for another 8m18c leap!

#WMDRdec13 Fester time for a winner at BHM,it's as fun as it sounds...

#WMDRdec13 Winner 390125 back out of New Street,the day's going by FAR too quickly :'(

#WMDRdec13 After a fester at COV,where the Pumpkin staff were the most miserable I've ever seen,it's win time on 350249 :)

#WMDRdec13 If all goes to plan,I should have a required microgrice and another class cleared.Fingers crossed...

#WMDRdec13 Required microgrice out of p5 at BHI had,fingers crossed for 168003 now!

#WMDRdec13 The tension is building this evening,if all goes to plan now the day's result will be epic!If we ever leave BSW that is,8 down!

#WMDRdec13 YES!!!Got my last 168 at long last earlier,fortunately the 1726 from SOL to BSW was slightly late,as it was on that!

#WMDRdec13 Now trying my luck with the 1715 DID-GMV.Wish me luck all!#fingerscrossed

#WMDRdec13 It's getting tense again now I'm at WOS,will my luck continue?

#WMDRdec13 YES!!!I've FINALLY cleared the 180s!Yes,that's right,180108 has finally produced on a move I can do! :D :D :D

#WMDRdec13 So quiet at GMV,not long until my HST home,then to the pub to celebrate a fantastic result! :D

#WMDRdec13 Stats: 3 winner 390s,2 winner 350s,2 classes cleared (168 and 180) with a winner of each,1 winner 172,lots of mileage too :D

#WMDRdec13 Celebrating the fantastic day with a pint of Amstel before my bus home.I'm back to being me again :D (Apparently this was a Top Tweet, not had that before)

#WMDRdec13 On the final leg of the day,the walk from the bus to home.So much happier than I was last week :D Bring on 14/12/13!

So that is basically the trip report!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.