• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU/Elizabeth Line 4G update

Gigabit

I am not sure they'd want to pay for anything more than they have to. If it's above ground and outdoors, they'd be happy to rely on whatever coverage there is. Of course that leads to the obvious problem of coverage blackspots, especially with some of the old station construction materials and corridors/tunnels etc.

The best they could/should do is allow access to their property to add small cells or whatever, but that would likely be separate to the company rolling out dedicated equipment within stations. I see how that might seem confusing, but the two things are separate - even if a phone user, hopefully, swaps from one to another without issue.

I don't see why it should be separate. Just use the same equipment they're using in Underground stations, above ground.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Recessio

The best they could/should do is allow access to their property to add small cells or whatever, but that would likely be separate to the company rolling out dedicated equipment within stations. I see how that might seem confusing, but the two things are separate - even if a phone user, hopefully, swaps from one to another without issue.
There's past preference for this - didn't Rabbit telepoint have cells in a few LU stations?

pbin

Used the Victoria Line again between Euston and Oxford Circus again. My EE sim had no signal but on my O2 sim I did have signal. Previously I had signal on EE.

JonnyM

Used the Victoria Line again between Euston and Oxford Circus again. My EE sim had no signal but on my O2 sim I did have signal. Previously I had signal on EE.
Maybe testing? Hopefully going live soon. There feels like such a lot of time needs to be made up in the rollout.

MrJeeves

Established Member
Yeah, same today. O2 is the only one live. Only in the tunnels — station equipment is still off.