• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Mobile Operations Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonogrol

I work for L.U.L as a Duty Reliability Manager and attended an incident the other day where a Mobile Operations Manager from Network Rail turned up. Speaking with him the job role seems very similar to mine. Does anyone know whether Network Rail advertise externally for these jobs ever, or is recruitment always done through the grades? Also what would one expect to earn with this job both inside and outside of London?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

They do, but rarely.

Pay would depend on location, but generally at least grade 6, going up to grade 8. (35k-45k roughly)

MOM jobs are considered some of the safest (in term of job security) on the railway, so the turnover is pretty low, even internally

carriageline

Established Member
Externally is rare as tom said! Network Rail often try and cut back at the MOM jobs, as they don't like paying for people that on some days do very little. So wouldn't say they are the most safest, but as safe as you can get in this day and age. Good interesting job, but the attitude of some signallers treat them like a dogs body!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonogrol

Thanks guys.
Wow, is that it on the salary front? Even if there was a job going I don't think I could afford the substantial pay cut. It sounds like quite a potentially challenging job with various parties all trying to stick their two pence in-at least at the Underground there is one company dealing with control, infrastructure and operating the trains!

Status
Not open for further replies.