• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail - S&T Operative Interview Advice?

Swager0121

Hey Guys, I have an interview for an S&T Op in a few weeks time...
It included interview, safety group discussion and group exercise.

Does anyone have any advice on what may be asked?

I've revised so far;
Signal Sequence
What a track circuit is and why we have them.

I understand diversity and inclusion is a big one for S&T and prepared for those. And I also know the 10 life saving rules.

Just want as best chance as possible as S&T is something I've been interested in for a while.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Are you an internal candidate? If so, what role do you currently fulfil?

Is this for Network Rail or for a contractor?

Jquarterz

Hey Guys, I have an interview for an S&T Op in a few weeks time...
It included interview, safety group discussion and group exercise.

Does anyone have any advice on what may be asked?

I've revised so far;
Signal Sequence
What a track circuit is and why we have them.

I understand diversity and inclusion is a big one for S&T and prepared for those. And I also know the 10 life saving rules.

Just want as best chance as possible as S&T is something I've been interested in for a while.
Wouldn't hurt to look up other basic S&T equipment. Such as TPWS and AWS. To be honest. If I remember correctly going in as an operative they are not expecting you to have vast knowledge in S&T but what you have looked up so far is good. The rest would be motivational fit question and 1 or 2 compentcy questions

AshF91

I'm currently on the pway & think I've got an interview for an S&T operative role too. Which depot is your interview at?