• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

new dlr stock unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
don't think black goes well on the front, and the coupler bar is about 56 miles from the train! the interior is very nice though, spacious and good windows

Galvanize

It looks quite cool, anyone know when it's coming into service?
Being really close to the DLR at Lewisham, means i could sample one somewhere on the route!

djw1981

Established Member
Yeah but Nexus' attempt to franchise metro the other year didn't get very far, hence attempt no 2!

djw1981

Established Member
TWPTE (and to an extent SPT) have always been very traditional in their funding approaches, where as TfL, (in part due to their larger size and budgets) have always been more innovative about their involvement in how services are run etc.

class 313

Established Member
I don't see much of an upgrade from the current stock. But I remember reading about this at work! I guess it can't be a bad thing!

djw1981

Established Member
Well running more routes with the same number of units would lead to overcrowding or reduced frequency - neither of which is the best way to run your profitable franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.