• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New member looking for advice

ryan1mcq

Good afternoon everyone, please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, im new and had a look around and if ive missed a better suited forum please forgive me. I wanted to introduce myself and ask some advice.

My name is Ryan im 47, disabled and live in Rosyth, in Scotland. I grew up in Glasgow in the 80s and lived right across from the old Eastfield depot and i will always remember the nostalgic sounds and sights of it with the class's 20, 27, 37 and 50's all being being based there. I have recently started getting into trains and im playing the Train Sim World 4 game and i have recently bought myself an action camera and would like to start filming trains and locomotives, my closest station is Rosyth and the next closest is Inverkeithing and i can get to these stations with no problem on my motability scooter. Does anyone know if there are any clubs or facebook groups or anything i could join locally? I now in Rosyth which is on the Fife circle line and the selection of trains where i live is rather limited to mainly class 170 dmu's and the odd LNER Azuma with practically no freight.

Im looking to try and get started in the hobby and would love it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your time and thanks for reading

Ryan