• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New railway lines and stations for South Yorkshire

GardenRail

Sorry for the slow reply - election season!
I meant a branch on street up Leppings Lane and Halifax Road to the Stockbridge line overbridge and then repurposing the access road on the left before the bridge to rise to the level of the railway line. Some works needed, but not a huge amount.
Would the actual railway between Woodburn and your Halifax Road proposal close then? That would require some quite expensive signalling works if not.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlastairFraser

Established Member
Would the actual railway between Woodburn and your Halifax Road proposal close then? That would require some quite expensive signalling works if not.
I'd assume the goods services still need to access Stockbridge, so I'd say the expensive signalling would have to be installed.

AlastairFraser

Established Member
I think those have been mothballed, don't quote me on that, but I'm sure I read on here it's been out of use for a while now.
Ah so it could be used for the tram train without expensive signalling at least initially, great!

GardenRail

I think those have been mothballed, don't quote me on that, but I'm sure I read on here it's been out of use for a while now.
Hmmmm. It used to be regular as clockwork, every day. Since COVID it's not returned. Not sure what happened to the demand or need etc.