• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No trains to call at Altnabreac for the foreseeable future

nanstallon

I dont think its 'got tired of them' more like: You have been before the courts on the same or similar charges (or whatever) on two previous occasions, the last time you were warned that (insert what ever penalty was threatened) if you continued to offend. You chose to ignore that warning, so the penaly is applied.

I think persistent offenders of all types need much harsher treatment. I dont see why the law abiding majority should have to put up with a (probably very) small number of offenders who have no respect for the law. If all else fails get them off the streets.

It just feels like a pair of 'people' (insert stronger word) are holding everyone to ransom, because if Network Rail go in mob handed with police support and the cottage owners end up getting hurt they will then play the victim, even although they are the cause of the problem.
Again, the nail has been hit accurately on the head!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thedbdiboy

I can't help thinking that there's an ITV drama in the making over the Altnabreac station saga

YorksLad12

Established Member
Starring Hamish McBeth or Karen Pirrie?!!
Oddly enough, have just watched S1E06 of Hamish Macbeth on iPlayer, at which a character alights from the rear of a 2-car class 156 at a station with a platform that was too short. Wonder which station...?

scotLAN

Oddly enough, have just watched S1E06 of Hamish Macbeth on iPlayer, at which a character alights from the rear of a 2-car class 156 at a station with a platform that was too short. Wonder which station...?
Pretty sure it’s Attadale on the Kyle line - most of the series was filmed around the Plockton area. Been a while since class 156s ruled the roost up there!

Deepgreen

Established Member
The problem is that if it did kick off and one of the lovely people got injured, it would be up to the Network Rail staff to prove that they were in the right: "Elderly couple hospitalised after conflict with railway engineers" won't work out well for NR in the court of public opinion.
"Elderly" - 46 and 48 years old?

norbitonflyer

Established Member
I suppose one thing they could do is do as much work as possible whilst the antagonists are in court, take everything up by rail and hopefully you'd get at least some work done.
I think that might be dodgy on legal grounds, as anticipating (1) the result of a court case in progress.
(1) İ use the word in the original sense.