• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductor - Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsSundayMorn

Hi, I sat my interview this morning for the conductor position at Wigan Wallgate and I've just had the email inviting me to assessments.

I've received the practice material but can anyone who has sat these tests for Northern please confirm that it is the Dots test you sit? The practice test just has me searching for letters.

Thank you :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR

I sat my assesment yesterday for the conductor posts at Manchester. We did the SCAAT (Finding letters/sysmbols) and not the dots.

Hope this helps.

It's the shapes test for conductors. (SCAAT).

You'd be best searching for and downloading the group bordan tool off here. (It's in the how to become a train driver thread on the recruitment page).

You can change the settings to SCAAT and practice the actual test.
(I'd link you to it but I'm on the iPhone app and it's a chore!!)

Good luck

MrsSundayMorn

Thank you for your reply 156441!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks MCR I missed your post originally.

Any ideas when you are likely to hear your results?

Best of luck!

Last edited:

hidden

Hi

I also had my interview yesterday and have been invited to assessment in Leeds in the new year. I'm really excited and looking forward to the day!

MCR

Thank you for your reply 156441!
Thanks MCR I missed your post originally.

Any ideas when you are likely to hear your results?

Best of luck!

I heard back today, i passed my assesment :)

Good Luck with yours.

Mattm123

Good luck to you all! It's a great job, I have been in training now for 7 weeks with TPE. Best decision ever to start as a guard on railway.

MCR

They sent me an email saying:

"We are pleased to inform you that you met the required criteria at this stage, we are currently reviewing our Traincrew requirements for Conductors in Manchester for early 2014 and we will contact you again shortly with a further update."

But at assesment they said that there was a course in Jan for Piccadilly and another in Feb for Victoria.

hidden

They sent me an email saying:

"We are pleased to inform you that you met the required criteria at this stage, we are currently reviewing our Traincrew requirements for Conductors in Manchester for early 2014 and we will contact you again shortly with a further update."

But at assesment they said that there was a course in Jan for Piccadilly and another in Feb for Victoria.

Remember mate this is for Wigan not Manchester, complete different crew.
Remember mate this is for Wigan not Manchester, complete different crew.

Edit: Ignore me, I get it now. Sure they will be in touch soon to let you know!

MrsSundayMorn

Posted on the hubby's account by mistake (deleted as above!)
I found out I passed my conductor assessment today, fingers crossed a course comes available soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.