• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old station discovered in Streethouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainboy2050

Hey guys! My first post here!

I have discovered the old Streethouse station location. It is between the 2 foot crossings.

The station has 2 platforms.
1629889425894.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lincolnshire

Hey guys! My first post here!

I have discovered the old Streethouse station location. It is between the 2 foot crossings.

The station has 2 platforms.
View attachment 101684
Isn,t one of the foot crossings close to where the line left the main line junction to head into Sharleston Pit. I have seen this myself and there was also a level crossing on the nearby road so the railway could get to the pit. I am pretty sure the level crossing on the road was operated by pit staff.

Trainboy2050

Isn,t one of the foot crossings close to where the line left the main line junction to head into Sharleston Pit. I have seen this myself and there was also a level crossing on the nearby road so the railway could get to the pit. I am pretty sure the level crossing on the road was operated by pit staff.
Yes. There was a spur that led into the pit. It has been gone for a while, as well as the pit.

Darandio

Established Member
Well i'm not sure you can claim the discovery, there is plenty of information already on the internet about it's location! :lol:

Here it is at track level though.

Sharlaston_Streethouse_railway_station_%28site%29%2C_Yorkshire_%28geograph_3469059%29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.