• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OPC test centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheikG

Hello all,

I sat the VSE as part of a trainee driver application with ARL at the OPC in Watford. I've done the VSE online previously for an application to MTR so wasn't daunted by it. However, I had an absolute nightmare on the day. For some inexplicable reason just minutes before the test started I had a sudden and uncontrollable urge to go to the toilet. My request was denied and I had to sit the test in increasing discomfort as the urge was increasing throughout the test.

Since the VSE is a concentration test and my concentration was severely effected by this sudden call to nature, it is no surprise that I actually failed the test. So now I'm left completely devastated but further annoyed for 2 reasons:

Firstly, at no point did the invigilator clearly offer us to use the toilet before the test starts. She only mentioned that once the test starts we can no longer go outside the room. Something along the lines of - The Test will start in 5 minutes so if anyone needs the loo please do so now - that kind of dialogue just didn't happen.

Secondly, I clearly asked her before we started the practice test if I could be excused for a minute because I'm experiencing a sudden urge - she of course declined.

This just annoys me because her instructions were completely implicit and as a result I feel like my chances of passing the test have been completely hindered.

Does anybody know if I have any grounds to complain? I've already emailed the OPC and am awaiting a response, any advice from anyone here would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
You get two attempts. Chalk this up as a valuable lesson learned and reapply in six months.

mmbeak78

Really sorry to hear about this mate - seems pretty harsh that you weren't given the opportunity for a quick bathroom break (especially given that you'd mentioned the need prior to starting the practice). I really hope that you get somewhere with your complaint, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.